Community Forum

Xfi gateway no longer enforcing bedtimes or pausing, devices aren't accurately represented

Regular Visitor

Xfi gateway no longer enforcing bedtimes or pausing, devices aren't accurately represented

I have an Xfinity issued rental gateway modem, phone, router.  The transmission of signal was inadequate for the house and a Netgear Nighthawk was added as a signal extender.  No gateway functions or limitations at all were used per the electrician.  It was set up as a transmitter of the signal only.  For a few weeks I didn't notice a problem, but then about 2 weeks ago I realized the bedtimes were no longer working on the Xfi.  I like to pause my children's devices and change/enforce bedtimes and suddenly I can't do so.  

I tried for two hours to get my printer installed on the wifi network (previously had no problems)

Devices are marked connected on Xfi when they are unplugged and turned off. and clearly not connected.

I pause the ipad, but it keeps on playing despite being marked as paused on Xfi. 

I disconnected and turned off the Netgear router, but still the problem persists. 

I rebooted the Xfinity gateway three times to no avail.  Please someone help!?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfi gateway no longer enforcing bedtimes or pausing, devices aren't accurately represented

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfi gateway no longer enforcing bedtimes or pausing, devices aren't accurately represented

Hi @mdtipton

I can check your account on the back end and do some troubleshooting to help fix this. Can you please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!