Community Forum

Xfi advanced security

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfi advanced security

I added xfi advanced security but nothing has changed in my xfi app. Still says add xfi advanced security. When I try to add it again it says I already have this feature.

Am I missing something? Does advanced security even have s dashboard or control panel on the app?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfi advanced security

I get this included with xFi Advantage. When opening the xFi app, you should see a notification bubble top left. Also when pressing on "Gateway Online and Secure"  should show Advanced Security at the top if you have it.

There is no control panel as far as I can tell.

The service is provided by CUJO AI

Highlighted
New Poster

I have a message bubble on the top left.

But I don’t have advanced security  under online.

This is typical of Comcast. Now I will have to call them and jump through hoops to get them to stop charging me. 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Not sure then. try uninstalling reinstalling the app, give it some time? Blocks stuff from different devices on my network for me. Then again, may not be required at all. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Poster

Well, thanks for your answers anyway. G,night.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Download the Xfi app. On the More tab go to my services. If it says at the top xfi advanced security and it’s not enabled hit the arrow on the right to go to the next screen and enable it. If you don’t have this under My Services call Xfinity. 

Highlighted
New Poster

There is no my services.

This is called Comcast billing people for services they don’t have. We call that stealing.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Get on the phone then for internet support. If you get a tech that is hard to understand ask for someone from the American side. There is something that needs downloaded to your router then your router will reboot. After that occurs sign out of Xfinity including XFi then sign back in. I’ll try to copy and paste from my iPhone.

023515AF-CEB8-4A6B-B6C9-FD9F910F5A71.png
Highlighted
New Poster

It is easier to just cancel.

I refuse to endure xFi it customer service. Not worth the aggravation.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Owenmia, I'd love to have the opportunity to assist, we appreciate you reaching out! Let's take a look at this further together, we'd hate to see you leave. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!