Community Forum

Xfi Pods

Frequent Visitor

Xfi Pods

Comc ast Tech came and changed out our security display.  While he was here he insisted that the 5ghz and 2.4ghz channels have their own unique SSID.  My wife tried to get him not to do it.  Now none of the Xfi pods connect to the gateway.  I also can't get the the gateway to connect to the Xfi app.  I'm now stuck with $200 worth of useless Xfi pods because Comcast can't train their technicians correctly.  I don't have access to control any of the users on my network.  To top it all off, Comcast can't support Gigabit Internet Teir in my neighborhood even though they signed me up for it.  Their equipment is too old to support the number of users in the neighborhood.  They say they are waiting for approval from the city to upgrade equipment.  I'm one very upset customer.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfi Pods

@caplett wrote:

Comc ast Tech came and changed out our security display.  While he was here he insisted that the 5ghz and 2.4ghz channels have their own unique SSID.  My wife tried to get him not to do it.  Now none of the Xfi pods connect to the gateway.  I also can't get the the gateway to connect to the Xfi app.  I'm now stuck with $200 worth of useless Xfi pods because Comcast can't train their technicians correctly.  I don't have access to control any of the users on my network.  To top it all off, Comcast can't support Gigabit Internet Teir in my neighborhood even though they signed me up for it.  Their equipment is too old to support the number of users in the neighborhood.  They say they are waiting for approval from the city to upgrade equipment.  I'm one very upset customer.

You can use the admin tool to change the SSID name to be the same for both bands.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wifi-change-admin-tool

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

caplett -- I pulled up your account and see your Gateway & Pods online as well as your bands combined.  Are you still experiencing an issue?  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Also, just a note -- once you have Pods, you should be using xFi to update your wifi name & password.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Tell that to the tech that came to my house and messed everything up. I got everything back online.