Community Forum

Xfi Pods went offline and won’t reconnect

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfi Pods went offline and won’t reconnect

We have been having some intermittent issues with our modem/router (Comcast rented equipment) for a few weeks. This week, 9 Xfi pods all stopped working at the same time. They worked great for several months, but now they won’t connect. I tried unplugging them and plugging them back in, removing them and reconnecting them to the network, and even called customer service where they sent a signal to the modem to check and update any firmware. Nothing worked. My TiVo also won’t connect to the network anymore. It is only 1 room away from the router. Can you help?
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfi Pods went offline and won’t reconnect

Exact same issue, almost the exact same time. I was going to call Xfinity to find out what's going on. Let me know if you find out anything.

Highlighted
New Poster

I was wondering if Comcast recently sent a firmware update out or did something else to change the modem/router settings. I also saw several months ago that others had similar issues. I’m going to go to Comcast and swap out my router on Monday and see if that helps.
Highlighted
New Poster

Went to Comcast store and swapped my modem for a newer one. Pods came back online after a couple of reboots of the router. Worked for a day, then they went offline again.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Am having same issue with my 3 pods. Installed them 6 days ago and they handled the weak wifi spots in my house.  Pods went offline early in the day yesterday and was able to reconnect via the app.  Then they went down again a few hours later and was not able to reconnect via the app.  Did some of the same things previous respondents did in terms of removing pods from network and then starting the connection process from scratch.  Did both a power down reset of the gateway and an Xfinity tech support reset and that did not work.  Called tech support and got transferred from "normal" tech support to a different person in a supposedly higher tier tech support division.  After trying some things, that higher tier tech support person told me this issue with the pods was ongoing for numerous users and was being investigated by their engineering dept.  Once a solution was found I would be contacted by email.  While the guy was very polite and courteous, I am not holding my breath for a solution anytime soon.  This whole pod thing also seems to coincide with relatively frequent drops in the gateway wifi signal that requires power reboots several times a day.  Going to swap out the gateway today.  If I can get the gateway stable then maybe I may explore using the Orbi mesh system though that could present complications (Bridge mode, .  The Pods seem like a low visibility, easy solution....if they freepin worked.  

Highlighted
New Poster

I swapped out my gateway for a new one and they connected immediately. It happened again a few weeks later along with intermittent general internet outages. Techs came and fixed my outside lines but had no idea how to fix the pods. I ignored the problem for a couple weeks and it suddenly started working again. They’ve been fairly stable now for about a month.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfi Pods went offline and won’t reconnect UPDATE

UPDATE - A couple hours since I posted my first reply.  I went to a Comcast store, swapped out my gateway unit for a new one, set it up, reconnected to pods via the app and Voila!.  They connected on the first go.  Go figure!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Glad the gateway swapped helped resolved the connectivity issues gk01 and ShaunMRose! Let us know if you need further support. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem here. After a massive Comcast outage two days ago, Pods stopped working. I called Comcast yesterday. 46 minutes on the phone only to learn it’s a system issue and nothing to do with my individual pods. Very frustrating.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi VinoVa3737,  thank you for reaching out please let me know if you are still having issues with your Xfi Pods

Thank you

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello VinoVa3737, I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

thank you