Community Forum

Xfi Pod Supportability for Cameras

Regular Visitor

Xfi Pod Supportability for Cameras

I have a larger coverage area and my wifi signal is too weak to support a Xfinity XCam where I need it. Can i use the Xfi Pod to extend my network to provide coverage and are cameras supported? I have heard of issues with net-extenders and camera support. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfi Pod Supportability for Cameras

@shutch4251 wrote:

I have a larger coverage area and my wifi signal is too weak to support a Xfinity XCam where I need it. Can i use the Xfi Pod to extend my network to provide coverage and are cameras supported? I have heard of issues with net-extenders and camera support. 

Are you referring to something other than XHome cameras?  XHome uses the Zigbee protocol and not wifi.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Robert, the cameras use Wi-Fi and sensors use Zigbee
Official Employee

Shutch4251, Using the Xfi pods(when available in your area) is just an extension of your wireless network and will work with the cameras
Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Robert, the cameras use Wi-Fi and sensors use Zigbee

OOPS!!!  I did not know that.  Thanks.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the confirmation, one more question. are there known issues with other network extenders or do i have to use xfi pods? I have tried several different linksys off the shelf products and have swapped out cameras with success. 

Silver Problem Solver

@shutch4251 wrote:

Thank you for the confirmation, one more question. are there known issues with other network extenders or do i have to use xfi pods? I have tried several different linksys off the shelf products and have swapped out cameras with success. 

I have two cameras and I am using the Orbi which is like the pods.  My gateway is an Arris XB3 in bridge mode.