Community Forum

Xfi Notifications of active time

New Poster

Xfi Notifications of active time

Hello, I got the Xfi App this week and it has been helping me to monitor my son’s gaming.
One problem in having is that the notifications telling me of going over the time limit are coming about 6 hours after the time limit has been reached.
I wonder if anyone else has that problem and if there is a reason or solution. Thanks
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Xfi Notifications of active time

We can look into delays of notifications, however we would need a specific date and general time frame of when the message was delivered in order to really dig into it. 
It will also be helpful to know how you are comparing when the notification has been delivered vs when the time limit was reached. Are you monitoring this by checking the active time meter in xFi?

If you can provide this information, please send me a private message (click on my Name and then Send a Message) and I would be happy to look into it. Some additional infomation I will need is your service ZIP code for account verification as well as the profile for which the active time limit is set for. 

Please keep in mind, the active time is only monitored for activity on your home WiFi network. It does not account for any time spent on cellular networks or hotspots. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!