Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfi App "pause" is not working

New Poster

Xfi App "pause" is not working

I've paused my son's gaming system countless amount of times, checked the IP address to this gaming console and computer many times and he's still able to use the internet. I've also had 2 different ticket created assumed fixed they say in regards to this situation. Is anyone dealing with this too or am I the only one?
Contributor

Re: Xfi App "pause" is not working

Same here.....assumed it was working all this time and just realized it doesnt.

Tried my own laptop and cell as well.....doesnt work.

Restarted router, same.

Did you ever hear from comcast?

Expert

shadango wrote:

Same here.....assumed it was working all this time and just realized it doesnt.

Tried my own laptop and cell as well.....doesnt work.

Restarted router, same.

Did you ever hear from comcast?

Would you be willing to try this?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/xFi-Parental-controls-not-working-Bedtime-amp-Pause-not/m-...

Official Employee

Myang42, are you still experiencing issues with the pause feature in xFi? If so, please send me a Private Message with the MAC Address for the xBox you're are trying to pause and I can look into it. 

Official Employee

shadango, if you are still experiencing issues with pause in xFi, please send me a Private Message with the MAC Address for a device you are trying to pause and I can help look into it. 

Contributor

Yes, still having issues. Devices show as paused but are not. Will pm a device mac as instructed.
New Poster

I'm having this same issue.  I have restarted the modem a few times.  I can't pause any device on the network.

Official Employee

georges528, please try pause again and if you are still experiencing issues with the feature in xFi, send me a Private Message verifying your service address & ZIP. If you can also provide a MAC Address for one of the devices you recently tried pausing, that will be helpful as well. Thanks. 

New Poster

How about someone from comcast post an answer. That is what forums are for. Every related forum on this topic end in comcast asking someone to PM them.

So what is the solution??

Expert

@edhmtb wrote:

How about someone from comcast post an answer. That is what forums are for. Every related forum on this topic end in comcast asking someone to PM them.

So what is the solution??

Try a PM.