Community Forum

Xbox One and XFi Pods

New Poster

Xbox One and XFi Pods

I have 3 XFi pods connected to my Router and things seem to be fine.  Wifi coverage and speed are great throughout the house.  My kids have an XBox in the basement and complain that when connected via Wifi it "lags" from time to time.  To combat that they have been connecting via ethernet cable directly to the XFi pod in the basement.  Having a wired connection on the XBox seems to keep them happy.  I have setup Port Forwarding to that IP Address and NAT Type is Open and everyone is happy...for a day.

They use it fine, go to bed, and when they come back the next day, the XBox seems to be disconnected even though it's still plugged into the XFi pod.  I check the Network Advanced Settings and it seems like it lost it's 10.x.x.x IP Address in favor of some other address.  i disconnect the cable from the pod and reconnect and sometimes that works, other times i need to hard reset the XBox to get it to show up again with 10.x.x.x IP address.

I'm not sure if this is an XBox issue or an XFi issue, but i have seen other threads on here complaining about the wired connections on the pods so just assuming.  Has anyone else experienced this or know of something I can do to force the Xbox to remain connected to the XFi pod?

New Poster

Re: Xbox One and XFi Pods

strangely enough the XBox just lost its 10.x.x.x ip address and now it says 192.168.106.136.  I have no idea how it would be getting this IP Address.  It's connected via ethernet to an XFi pod and my Router is setup to serve DHCP addresses in the range 10.0.0.2 - 10.0.0.253.  how could it possibly be getting this 192.x.x.x ip address?

Official Employee

erferris72 -- Thanks for reaching out. I believe the issue you're posting about is related to an issue our engineers are already looking into. We're actively working on a fix.  I can provide you with more details when available.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Same issue... any fix?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Justinw8 -  

The update is taking longer than anticipated to roll out. We will provide an update when the issue has been resolved.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hello,

Has this been corrected yet? None of my usual fixes are working, every device connects except the one plugged in.....the Xbox