Community Forum

Xbox Blocking

Highlighted
New Poster

Xbox Blocking

My son has found away to reconnect his Xbox immediately after I pause it.
I think he is renaming the device or something that will allow it to connect again as a different device. In the paused list of devices there are many devices with slightly different Xbox names. Any advice to keep this from happening?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xbox Blocking

@Kennylibby1 wrote:
My son has found away to reconnect his Xbox immediately after I pause it.
I think he is renaming the device or something that will allow it to connect again as a different device. In the paused list of devices there are many devices with slightly different Xbox names. Any advice to keep this from happening?

It sounds like he knows your SSID and password.  If you change it you will have to change ALL your devices, so that isn't an option unless you change it and then set up Parental Controls with a PIN.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-parental-controls-turn-on-off

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello Kennylibby1, the suggestion that (RobertWy) provided is a good place to start. Please try resetting your password and that way we can guarantee that this won't happen again. Feel free to reach back out to me here or via private message if you need anything else. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello Kennylibby1, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!