Community Forum

XPods offline all day, after working for almost a year

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

XPods offline all day, after working for almost a year

My XPods have been offline for over 12 hours. No troubleshooting or rebooting or resetting has worked. Spent an hour with Comcast technical support - and they couldn't find anything. They said to return the Pods to the store and have them test them. That's stupid. Something changed today. I don't know what else this means, but my device list shows 10 Sagemcom devices that are unconnected. What are those? One user on this forum said he took all his PODs offline, reset his gateway, and re-added all the PODs as new devices, and had to do a new setup and name them all over again. That's stupid, I don't want to do that. Why don't my XPods work anymore starting today?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: XPods offline all day, after working for almost a year

Hi @neveralull, if you have not tried already, I would suggest doing a power cycle of your Gateway. To do this, unplug the power cord to your Gateway for 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Once the little light on top of the Gateway is solid white, try bringing up xFi and see if the Pods came back online. 

If this does not resolve the issue, please let me know and I'd be happy to look further into this for you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: XPods offline all day, after working for almost a year

I tried that, but it doesn't work. A comcast technition came out. He said they have no way to diagnose XPods. He had Comcast reprovision my gateway, and then I was able to bring all the Pods back online one at a time. The Pods worked for one day. Now they are all offline again, and there is nothing I can do to repair it. If this can't be resolved, then I have no choice but to permanently cancel my Comcast account. It's worthless to me now.