Community Forum

XFi pods

New Poster

XFi pods

Why are these pods only available in certain areas? How do I get these pods in my area. I have terrible WiFi service in my home. Recently received a new updated gateway but have worse service than I had before.... and no pods available in my area. How is this fair? How can I extend my service to my whole house??
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XFi pods

@PRB3 wrote:
Why are these pods only available in certain areas? How do I get these pods in my area. I have terrible WiFi service in my home. Recently received a new updated gateway but have worse service than I had before.... and no pods available in my area. How is this fair? How can I extend my service to my whole house??

I couldn't wait for pods so I bought one of the retail mesh systems.  It took some time for me to choose the one I thought would work with my home.  

I don't have any inside information, but it is usually an update to the Comcast infrastructure that keeps new features on a schedule.  If you consider how large the Comcast footprint is, you can imagine they can't just throw a switch and every installation from coast to coast gets updated.  I read an article yesterday about Sprint 5G and it is amazing how much hardware has to be installed.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I’ve been in need of extended service for my house forever... very frustrating when I’m paying the same rates as everyone else and they have coverage and I do not. How am I to know what to purchase, this is not in my realm of expertise.
Thanks for your time.
New Poster

Let’s not offer them and promote the pods if they are not available. Since I’ve moved in my house I have terrible service. And I thought I finally had a solution.... but not yet.