Community Forum

XFi pods will not connect

New Poster

XFi pods will not connect

I have tried 6 different pods and they will not connect to my router. I had three on line when the router when down, got a replacement and now the pods are not connecting
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XFi pods will not connect

@Gshaw122 wrote:
I have tried 6 different pods and they will not connect to my router. I had three on line when the router when down, got a replacement and now the pods are not connecting

Do you have the XB6 Gateway?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Funny you should ask. Spent 6 hours on the phone with a tier 2 tech support person and still couldn’t get them to connect. She recommended getting that modem. Problem is not available in my market. Called the loyalty department and they are having a tech come out Monday to install that modem. We shall see.
Official Employee

Greetings, Gshaw122! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I wanted to follow up and see how the tech visit went. Also, I wanted to let you know it could take up to 7 days for the pods to analyze the network and allow devices to start connecting. Please let us know if you still have issues.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Well the tech visit went great. After an hour or so and switching to a different modem we were able to get the pods on line. Every thing is working great now.
Official Employee

Thank you for that update, Gshaw122. I'm glad to hear everything went well and you're back up in business. With the issue resolved, was there anything else we could assist you with?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, Gshaw122. I have not heard back from you and glad to hear everything has been resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.