Community Forum

XFi pods unable to activate

Regular Visitor

XFi pods unable to activate

Hi - I received XFi pods from a friend who disconnected his Comcast service. I get an unable to activate message on the app even though the right pod serial numbers are shown. No one on the support line can assist with. Any recommendations on getting these online?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XFi pods unable to activate

@rebstrick1 wrote:
Hi - I received XFi pods from a friend who disconnected his Comcast service. I get an unable to activate message on the app even though the right pod serial numbers are shown. No one on the support line can assist with. Any recommendations on getting these online?

I am not a Comcast employee, but my guess is that the serial numbers are assigned to some other account.  I doubt you can use them.

Waiting for a Comcast Employee to respond.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

rebstrick1 -  Let me pull up your account & take a look at what's happening with your Pods!  Can you also send me a Private Message & provide me with the Serial Numbers of the Pods as well as any more detail about any error messages you are seeing.  You can send me a Private Message by clicking on my username and then the blue "Send me a Message" button on my profile page.

Thanks!

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi Rachel,

I am also having trouble activating my pods. I have tried to call/chat with service reps and to no avail. Tried all trouble shooting stuff like reinstalling app, restting modem, making sure pods are clear of obstruction, not conneted via ethernet cable et. etc. - but nothing seems to work. After I try to activate using xfi and just after the message Hold your Phone closer - then Connecting I get an error "Sorry, This won't work. Call xfinity and have serial number handy, so we can help you'.

So can you please help !

Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi ctdesi10 --  Thanks so much for reaching out.  I need some more information from you. I have sent you a private message. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks! Rachel

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the quick reponse. I did reply to the message, please check.

I have left the pods plugged in , in case your team can/wants to troubleshoot.

Official Employee

Thanks so much for the additional info.  I've responded to you via PM.

Regular Visitor

Whatever you guys did , worked. I was able to bring them online! Thank you!

New Poster

I am also having trouble activating my pods. I have tried to call/chat with service reps and to no avail. Tried all trouble shooting stuff like reinstalling app, restting modem, making sure pods are clear of obstruction, not conneted via ethernet cable et. etc. - but nothing seems to work. After I try to activate using xfi and just after the message Hold your Phone closer - then Connecting I get an error "Sorry, This won't work. Call xfinity and have serial number handy, so we can help you'.

So can you please help !

Official Employee

Jamiesford -- Happy to help.  I will need some more information from you. I have sent you a private message. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks! Rachel

New Poster

This thread seems to be solving the issue so piggy backing...I am also having the same issue as described and performed all the steps mentioned previously. Also as mentioned, spent some time with call/chat support to no avail; they didnt even ask for the serial numbers : | . 

Please advise. 

Official Employee

jlanvsp -- Thanks for reaching out. Can you please send me a Private Message & provide the serial numbers of the Pods? You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile. Thanks!

New Poster

I am having same issue with a set of XFI pods purchased last week. Called Xfinity multiple times and nobody can help.
Official Employee

Kellipg -- Thanks for reaching out.  I received your Private Message about this issue & will respond to you there.

New Poster

I am also having the same problem. I have the serial number ready. Thank you.
Regular Visitor

I too am not able at activate my pods says to call.
Official Employee

NanaAB & Mia74 -- Thanks for reaching out. Can you both please send me a Private Message, confirming the error message you are receiving & providing the serial numbers of the Pods? You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

looks like this is the only source of help, I tried the chat and the phone and nobody was able to provide a solution, please help!

New Poster

After many failures, I finally was able to activate my first pod.  But maybe I hit "All pods installed" (or whatever) too soon -- the app apparently concluded that I was done.  I need to install and activate my other two pods to improve service throughout the house, but I can't figure out how.  Is there an easy way?  Or do I need to unplug my activated first pod and start the process again?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Malpitts wrote:

After many failures, I finally was able to activate my first pod.  But maybe I hit "All pods installed" (or whatever) too soon -- the app apparently concluded that I was done.  I need to install and activate my other two pods to improve service throughout the house, but I can't figure out how.  Is there an easy way?  Or do I need to unplug my activated first pod and start the process again?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfi-pod-with-xfi-app

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Q-HRV - Thanks for reaching out!  Can you also send me a Private Message, providing me with the Serial Numbers of the Pods as well as confirming the error message you are seeing. You can send me a Private Message by clicking on my username and then the blue "Send me a Message" button on my profile page.

New Poster

Rachel H, can you respond to my 2/11 question?  No one else seems to have any thoughts.

Thanks,

Malpitts

Official Employee

Malpitts -- Can you try activating the Pods using the steps provided in the link above?

Select More on the bottom right of your screen.
Select Xfinity Device under Add a Device.
Select xFi Pods.
Tap Get Started to begin activating your xFi Pods!

New Poster

Thanks, Rachel H.  That's what I did, but after I got the first one installed, I couldn't figure out a way to add the two others.  Should I unplug the one that is activated and start all over?

Official Employee

Malpitts -- What screen do you see in the app when navigating through these steps?

Select More on the bottom right of your screen.
Select Xfinity Device under Add a Device.
Select xFi Pods.

Additionally, would you be able to send me a Private Message & provide the Serial Numbers for the three Pods ? You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile. Thanks!

New Poster

Hello - having similar activation problems with my xfi pods.   Please help!

Official Employee

brianmglass -- Thanks for reaching out & providing additional detail via Private Message.  I will respond to you there.