Community Forum

XFi pods Unable to Remove from Account

Frequent Visitor

XFi pods Unable to Remove from Account

Hello-  I need assistance removing a XFi Pod from my account on the comcast server side.  I have the SN.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XFi pods Unable to Remove from Account

@cvrobot wrote:

Hello-  I need assistance removing a XFi Pod from my account on the comcast server side.  I have the SN.

Did you try calling 1800comcast - Account?

I also found thie: 

My device is right next to a Pod, so why is it connecting to a different Pod in another room?
In a WiFi mesh network, the best connection point for a device may not always be the one that's closest to it. Pods communicate with each other and the Gateway to monitor the number of devices connected in the home, their location, and the type of WiFi connection that each device needs. This ensures that your device is operating with the best signal. Think of it the same way that your GPS directs you to an alternate route to get you to your destination faster when there's too much traffic on the main road.

I did not activate all of the Pods that came in the set. Is there a way I can remove the Pods from xFi so that they are not showing as offline?
From the xFi mobile app or xFi web portal, navigate to Network, then select Edit next to the Pod that you would like to remove, then select Remove Pod.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: XFi pods Unable to Remove from Account

Thanks.  I've tried all the options you suggested.  This happened in the past and Comcast had to escalate to their software engineers to remove the device manually.