Community Forum

XFi pods Unable to Remove from Account

New Poster

XFi pods Unable to Remove from Account

Hello,

I had Gigabit internet and downgraded and purchased a netgear router/modem for my new service. I did not remove the XFi pods before doing this, and have since then edited my XFi App which I cannot utilize since my new modem can not be setup with it. I no longer need the pods and want to give them to my father but when at his house, it says that the XFi pods are still linked to my account. 

I have chatted with an online agent - Bottomline for that was there was no apparent XFi pod located on my account. I was then directed to call the support line. After roughly 30-40 minutes of trying to get that resolved - I was given a number to the XFi pod team. The gentleman who answered  the phone said he only sets up orders for the XFi pods and then gave me a bogus number to the people who can assist me.

Needless to say I still have 3 XFi pods I am trying to unlink from a Gateway that I no longer have and have spent more time on this than I would care to. Please if anyone can help by removing the XFi Pods from my account then I would be grateful.

(Edited to remove SNs for privacy.) 

Official Employee

Re: XFi pods Unable to Remove from Account

Ridethewings1 -- Thanks for reaching out.  I apologize for the frustration.  I took a look at your account & still see the Pods linked.  I've escalated to engineering for further troubleshooting & will provide you an update when available!

Thanks!

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Ridethewings1 -- We made a change on our end.  Can you have your dad try and onboard the Pods now?

Thanks!

Rachel

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Can you help me with the same issue? I have 3 pods I need to have removed from my account as well

Official Employee

HI @techtrader, I can help get this taken care of, can you please send me a private message with your service address so that I can confirm the account?

And then I will let you know once they have been removed. Thanks!

New Poster

I require assistance with this as well. I had my XB6 replaced today and did not remove the pods from the previous gateway. Now I can’t register them with my new one and I do not see them listed within the XFi app.
Regular Visitor

Thank you problem resolved... Only complaint is it has taken me 6 days to get accomplished and I have been passed around to many advisors who either say it cant be done or pass me on to the next person that cant get it done. 

Official Employee

viper81481 -- Thanks so much for reaching out.  I need some more information from you. I have sent you a private message. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks! Rachel 

Regular Visitor

there is no private message..

Silver Problem Solver

@techtrader wrote:

there is no private message..

Does this help?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notificationfeed/page

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

XFi pods don’t appear in my xFi app but can’t activate at my son’s house since I no longer need them.
Official Employee

gailscot - Happy to help!  I need some more information from you. I have sent you a private message. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks!  Rachel