Community Forum

XFi pods Unable to Remove from Account

New Poster

XFi pods Unable to Remove from Account

Hello,

I had Gigabit internet and downgraded and purchased a netgear router/modem for my new service. I did not remove the XFi pods before doing this, and have since then edited my XFi App which I cannot utilize since my new modem can not be setup with it. I no longer need the pods and want to give them to my father but when at his house, it says that the XFi pods are still linked to my account. 

I have chatted with an online agent - Bottomline for that was there was no apparent XFi pod located on my account. I was then directed to call the support line. After roughly 30-40 minutes of trying to get that resolved - I was given a number to the XFi pod team. The gentleman who answered  the phone said he only sets up orders for the XFi pods and then gave me a bogus number to the people who can assist me.

Needless to say I still have 3 XFi pods I am trying to unlink from a Gateway that I no longer have and have spent more time on this than I would care to. Please if anyone can help by removing the XFi Pods from my account then I would be grateful.

(Edited to remove SNs for privacy.) 

Official Employee

Re: XFi pods Unable to Remove from Account

Ridethewings1 -- Thanks for reaching out.  I apologize for the frustration.  I took a look at your account & still see the Pods linked.  I've escalated to engineering for further troubleshooting & will provide you an update when available!

Thanks!

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Ridethewings1 -- We made a change on our end.  Can you have your dad try and onboard the Pods now?

Thanks!

Rachel

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Can you help me with the same issue? I have 3 pods I need to have removed from my account as well

Official Employee

HI @techtrader, I can help get this taken care of, can you please send me a private message with your service address so that I can confirm the account?

And then I will let you know once they have been removed. Thanks!

New Poster

I require assistance with this as well. I had my XB6 replaced today and did not remove the pods from the previous gateway. Now I can’t register them with my new one and I do not see them listed within the XFi app.
Regular Visitor

Thank you problem resolved... Only complaint is it has taken me 6 days to get accomplished and I have been passed around to many advisors who either say it cant be done or pass me on to the next person that cant get it done. 

Official Employee

viper81481 -- Thanks so much for reaching out.  I need some more information from you. I have sent you a private message. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks! Rachel 

Regular Visitor

there is no private message..

Silver Problem Solver

@techtrader wrote:

there is no private message..

Does this help?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notificationfeed/page

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

XFi pods don’t appear in my xFi app but can’t activate at my son’s house since I no longer need them.
Official Employee

gailscot - Happy to help!  I need some more information from you. I have sent you a private message. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks!  Rachel

New Poster

I am also having this issue.  I spent sometime on the phone today with support and they couldn’t help but I see that someone has figured out how to fix this.  Can one of you awesome Comcast employees that fixed this issue give me a hand?  Thank you

Highlighted
New Poster

I had to reset the gateway to factory settings (logging into the web based admin portal) and it re-registered with the Xfi app. I was able to remove the old pods and re-register it.
New Poster

Ah, my big issue is I sent the gateway back and now have a private modem.  It’s making it difficult.  Thank you for your reply

Official Employee

Hi Bwardrip -- I'm happy to take a look into this for you!  Could you please send me a Private Message & provide a little more detail?  Are you trying to remove the Pods from your account so you can gift them, etc?  I'll also need the Serial Numbers of the Pods you're trying to onboard.  You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile.

Thanks!
Rachel

Regular Visitor

Hi Rachel, I need your help as well ...  I was in the Comcast store today and was speaking to another customer about the Xfi Pods.  He was returning his Xfi Modem because it wouldn't work through concrete walls.  I asked him how he liked the PODS because I haven't been able to get any info about them other than what's online.  Technicians don't know how well they work OR how they work, the store employees didn't have much so I was reaching out to him.  He graciously handed me his bag with 6 pods in it and explained how to use the App to set them up.   I don't think he knew that he needed to DEACTIVE the ones on his account!   I'm reaching out to see if you can help me deactivate the ones I currently have.  I've looked online, called customer service, and even chatted with a techinician   Everyone says " we don't have a lot of info on these and we only use a simulator at our desks, I've never seen one".  Online I saw a statment that if you purchased these online from a place like Ebay ... xfinity could help you.   I won't put the serial numbers on this forum but would be happy to provide those in another manner.   Thank you in advance for your help!  Angie K

New Poster

I have this same problem, having moved to a new house a few minutes from my old house.

Can you help me get my pods associated with the new address?
Official Employee

angiekorger & SuzyPan -- I can assist you both!

Could you both please send me a Private Message & provide me with theSerial Numbers of the Pods you're trying to onboard? 

You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile.

Thanks!
Rachel

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Need to remove pods from my account because I gifted them to someone else.
Official Employee

KenyaS - Happy to help. Can you please send me a Private Message & provide some more detail Serial Numbers of the Pods would help! You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile. Thanks!

New Poster

I am having the exact same issue can not get the pods unlinked from my account, after 3 hours on the phone and pushed all over the place It is still not resolved!  Please help me!

Official Employee

KJanson - Thanks for reaching out.  It looks like you're already working with someone else from our forums team via Private Message.  We'll continue to work with you there.