Community Forum

XFi gets very hot during use and during idle

New Poster

XFi gets very hot during use and during idle

Its very bothersome considering when I try to sleep my ears are surrounded by the sounds of the fans of the XFi going off. I am using it for Ethernet, but it shouldnt be so loud when my computer is off, and its not being used by any device other than maybe my phone. And sometimes I can even hear the fans ramp up during idle. I've heard possibilities of there being issues with units being hot, and im wondering if this falls under that, and could I get a free replacement if I go to my nearby XFinity store

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XFi gets very hot during use and during idle

@Hewatt wrote:

Its very bothersome considering when I try to sleep my ears are surrounded by the sounds of the fans of the XFi going off. I am using it for Ethernet, but it shouldnt be so loud when my computer is off, and its not being used by any device other than maybe my phone. And sometimes I can even hear the fans ramp up during idle. I've heard possibilities of there being issues with units being hot, and im wondering if this falls under that, and could I get a free replacement if I go to my nearby XFinity store

In the Internet forum, the fix was to exchange the Gateway for a new one.  Mine has never gotten hot.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!