Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

XFi forgetting devices

New Poster

XFi forgetting devices

I would like to know if I forget a device, will they show back up if they reconnect or attempt to connect to my WiFi?  Is there a way to unforget a device?  I had several devices show up on my connection, but were not connected, I forgot them, thinking I was blocking them, but regret not getting their information first and trying to figure out who they might be.  I think it may be one of my children using a chat server and their friends showing up as unconnected guest on the WiFi?

Official Employee

Re: XFi forgetting devices

As long as the password on your home network remains the same as the it was the first time they connected, they will be able to reconnect and the device will register as a new device in xFi. 

New Poster

I think I forgot my wireless printer. How can i get that back?

Expert

Can you use your printer with your computer?

New Poster

So i forgot 2 devices and my wifi is the same but two devices wont connect to my wifi
Official Employee

Hi Sosaeverett,  by chance did you change your Wifi Password?

Thank you

New Poster

I am having the same issue with my all-in-one computer and now it’s trying to connect to Xfinity Wi-Fi I do not want it to connect there I wanted to use my home Internet.
I did not change my wi-Fi password every time I enter my home Wi-Fi password it will say cannot connect to this device I will run to troubleshoot and it says there’s a problem with the access point . I have taken the computer back to where I bought it from riches Best Buy they did some tests on it and said that it has to do with something with my modem or the router at the house