Community Forum

XFi claims I have an old browser

New Poster

XFi claims I have an old browser

I try to open XFi on my desktop to do some simple router maintenance, and I get the message:

Please update your browser
To continue, you\'ll have to install the latest version of your current browser or download one of these instead.

I am running Chrome Version 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) (64-bit), which I believe it the very latest production build, so the error message is garbage.

All I need to do is change the name of the 5 GHz signal. This is really frustrating to get a meaningless error message. It tells me someone is checking the wrong thing in their javascript.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XFi claims I have an old browser

@susannecessary wrote:

I try to open XFi on my desktop to do some simple router maintenance, and I get the message:

To continue, you\'ll have to install the latest version of your current browser or download one of these instead.

I am running Chrome Version 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) (64-bit), which I believe it the very latest production build, so the error message is garbage.

All I need to do is change the name of the 5 GHz signal. This is really frustrating to get a meaningless error message. It tells me someone is checking the wrong thing in their javascript.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

Can you try that link?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi @susannecessary, to ensure your Chrome browser is up date, I would suggest opening a browser window and navigating to chrome://settings/help. If you are not on the latest version, it will automatically start the update and then prompt you to restart your browser. 

The xFi website supports the latest the latest two versions in Google Chrome. It looks like the current version is 76, so versions 74-76 should be supported. 

Once you are able to update versions, please check xFi and let me know if you are continuing to experience issues. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

@susannecessary wrote:

@susannecessary,

As mentioned by ComcastBrittany, Google Chrome version 70.0.3538.67 is not the latest version as of 08/15/19.

Also, per the Google support site

"Normally Chrome updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer's browser. But if you haven't closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending update:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, look at More More
  3. If an update is pending, the icon will be colored:
    • Green: An update was released less than 2 days ago.
    • Orange: An update was released about 4 days ago.
    • Red: An update was released at least a week ago.

To update Google Chrome:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More
  3. Click Update Google Chrome.
    • Important: If you don't see this button, you're on the latest version.
  4. Click Relaunch.

The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. If you'd prefer not to restart right away, click Not now. The next time you restart your browser, the update will be applied."