Community Forum

XFi app port forwarding not working

New Poster

Re: XFi app port forwarding not working

Ask Daniela to fixed it they were able to get mine done and it works

@scottemerick200 wrote:

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with Xfinity. How clueless....... Stilll no port fowarding. Guess I'll drop the lease and purchase another gateway. Too bad Xfinity doesn't allow porting voip numbers to mobile. I'd drop my Emta all together.

Frequent Visitor

I just replaced my modem/router from comcast to XFi and I'll be dang now with the port forwarding it appears there is a an advanced security area on the router that eventually shuts down the port when it sees other IP addresses addressing the euipment as you would with a DVR system and accessing from other wifi areas. When you click on the fix it tells you to delete port forarding device. How are you suppose to monitor your security DVR and cameras...... Really. I am going to try to go into the modem itself and check the devices there and see if there is a way around this. May have to get a seperate router for the security DVR, shouldn't have to do this, I thought newer upgraded equipment is suppose to be better

Frequent Visitor

@wmennel  I feel your frustration! I got sick of the proprietary junk and went with Ubiquiti USG/Switch 8. I run Unifi cameras too so it all works well. I guess everyone is taking a play out of Apple's playbook. Less control for us....... More $$$$$$ for them......

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I think Comcast is trying to control us now. They want us to use their security equipment.. I am about 10 seconds  away from buying my own router and giving their junk back. Since I have no choice on high speed since they are the only cable around here..... So monopolized. Oh, wait, I thought that was illegal! oh well

Silver Problem Solver

@wmennel wrote:

Yes, I think Comcast is trying to control us now. They want us to use their security equipment.. I am about 10 seconds  away from buying my own router and giving their junk back. Since I have no choice on high speed since they are the only cable around here..... So monopolized. Oh, wait, I thought that was illegal! oh well

FYI:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Video-How-to-purchase-your-own-modem-and-router-for-...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

If you are using their newer modem the small one, It has a advance security area in there that will block the port forwarding when it sees too many IP addresses accessing it, which you do when you travel. I went in and asked for a manager in the tech unit and he knew right off the bat what I was talking about and he fixed this for me and now everything is fine. You can go into the advance security yourself and allow that address to use that port but it will go away in about 15 mintes. He did something to fix it permanently.

Official Employee

If you are using their newer modem the small one, It has a advance security area in there that will block the port forwarding when it sees too many IP addresses accessing it, which you do when you travel. I went in and asked for a manager in the tech unit and he knew right off the bat what I was talking about and he fixed this for me and now everything is fine. You can go into the advance security yourself and allow that address to use that port but it will go away in about 15 mintes. He did something to fix it permanently.

wmennel, glad to hear a member of our tech ops team was able to resolve this for you. Please post again if you need further support. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!