Community Forum

XFi app & web portal: Settings Currently Unavailable

New Poster

XFi app & web portal: Settings Currently Unavailable

Hello. I am having trouble setting up the xFi settings interface for my new xFi Gateway, which I've recently set up. The internet is working perfectly well, but the xFi app still won't work. Each time I try to access the interface, I simply get a message reading "Settings Currently Unavailable". It has stopped offering the option in the app to walk through activating the gateway, and simply says to contact support via phone.

I've done this, and been bounced around between three people, none of whom were able to achieve any results. I have requested callbacks at specific times and at specific phone numbers, and have instead received calls on the wrong number and at the wrong time. This is frustrating, and I'm not sure what to pursue.

It seems the orignal issue was that the old router (completely disconnected from power and the coax input) was still registered as the relevant gateway to be managing, but someone was able to help me remove that. We were still unable to "activate" the new gateway regardless, as far as xFi is concerned.

Some resolution to this matter would be appreciated. Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XFi app & web portal: Settings Currently Unavailable

@200NIngalls wrote:

Hello. I am having trouble setting up the xFi settings interface for my new xFi Gateway, which I've recently set up. The internet is working perfectly well, but the xFi app still won't work. Each time I try to access the interface, I simply get a message reading "Settings Currently Unavailable". It has stopped offering the option in the app to walk through activating the gateway, and simply says to contact support via phone.

I've done this, and been bounced around between three people, none of whom were able to achieve any results. I have requested callbacks at specific times and at specific phone numbers, and have instead received calls on the wrong number and at the wrong time. This is frustrating, and I'm not sure what to pursue.

It seems the orignal issue was that the old router (completely disconnected from power and the coax input) was still registered as the relevant gateway to be managing, but someone was able to help me remove that. We were still unable to "activate" the new gateway regardless, as far as xFi is concerned.

Some resolution to this matter would be appreciated. Thanks.

You didn't say exacly how you are trying to access it - wifi, ethernet and device.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Every device in our home is able to access the internet, all over Wifi. Phones, laptops, desktops, game consoles, etc.

I am unable to access the xFi settings interface on my Android Phone running Android 7.0 via the xFi app. That is where the error is followed by a recommendation to call xfinity support.

The web portal provides the same error, but with no recommendation for further action.

Silver Problem Solver

@200NIngalls wrote:

Every device in our home is able to access the internet, all over Wifi. Phones, laptops, desktops, game consoles, etc.

I am unable to access the xFi settings interface on my Android Phone running Android 7.0 via the xFi app. That is where the error is followed by a recommendation to call xfinity support.

The web portal provides the same error, but with no recommendation for further action.

It could possibly be a username/password issue.  Check the web to see what yours is:

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security#username-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I don't think that's it. They did mention that we need to login with the primary username (since we have a secondary one set up), but I've tried logging in with the primary username with no success. Same error message despite being logged in correctly.
New Poster

I ended up getting this sorted by just calling them and having them reset the modem again. Not sure what had gone wrong in the activation process before.