Community Forum

XFi Pods

Regular Visitor

XFi Pods

I've recently upgraded my internet and switched to using the xfi modem - I can't get reception in all my rooms unless I use my old router in a bridge mode - I was told I could get the xfi pods, but I'm not able to online - how should I get this resolved?  When I call, it seems the CSR on the phone really don't know what to do.  Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: XFi Pods

Hi @o_112 

Would you mind sharing the error message you saw when you tried to purchase them online?  

Thanks,

Hana

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi Hanna - thanks for helping.  The error message is "We're sorry. It looks like this product isn't available for you to purchase right now. Please check back again soon."

I want to clarify - in order to get wifi into the whole house I've had to use my old router as a "wireless access point" for the xfinity gateway not as a bridge.  So my devices are connecting to the access point with the ssid and not getting the benefit of the higher speeds offered by the new xfi modem.  I was hoping pods would eliminate the need of using that access point which is slower.

Thanks!

New Poster

Just an FYI, Pods have a maximum Throughput of 200Mbps, although I get around 120Mbps on them normally as other factors will affect speed. Not sure what speeds you are trying to achieve first. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the warning - I am getting <10mbps on my WAP that I have connected in my back rooms.  Hana was able to help me get the xfi pods - I bought them and I now get better reception in my back rooms - I'm getting ~50mbps there, which is acceptable.  When I'm connected wifi directly in the front rooms to the xfi gateway I'm getting ~500mbps