Community Forum

XFi Pods - Waste of Money

Contributor

XFi Pods - Waste of Money

I bought the three pack of pods today and they have so far been a complete waste of money. They refuse to connect to my gateway no matter what I try. I've reset the gateway to default settings, etc, etc and nothing works. Called support and after the mandatory 30 minutes fighting with the IVR got through to a real person  who tried his best to help and then escalated to T2 who also tried everything he had at his disposal before admitting his frustration at the lack of KB articles to help. 

Bottom line, this system is a scam with no real benefits. They simply don't work and rely on people just plugging them in without testing. DO NOT BUY. Go and find powerline/WiFI extender solutions instead as XFi Pods will just waste your money. IMHO Comcast bought a wireless mesh technology but really dont understand how to implement it.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XFi Pods - Waste of Money

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello MichaelF1, I can assist you with getting your Pods connected to your modem. Do you get any error messages while trying to connect the equipment? When directed to the KB article, did it give you steps to follow to help set up the equipment? If so, can you’re tell me where in the process you have issues? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

I'm having the same exact issue and customer service has been terrible -- no one can figure out how to make my xFi pods connect despite speaking to two different people and having my case escalated. I'm about ready to cancel my service because it seems like nobody from comcast cares enough to follow through. Very frustrating!

Contributor

I now have one of the three pods connected. WhenI try to connect the others using the xFi app I get an error message that they are assigned to another account and must be removed from that account first. I've called into support numerous times and was eventually given information about a nationwide P1 pod outage. If you want to try assign the pods to my account I can forward the serial numbers.

Official Employee

Aeralie wrote: I'm having the same exact issue and customer service has been terrible -- no one can figure out how to make my xFi pods connect despite speaking to two different people and having my case escalated. I'm about ready to cancel my service because it seems like nobody from comcast cares enough to follow through. Very frustrating!

I am more than happy to assist you with getting your pods working properly, please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me". @MichaelF1, you can send your information via PM as well and I will be able to assist you further there. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

MichaelF1 & Aeralie -- 

Happy to help look into this issue for you.  I have pulled up your accounts to share with engineering for troubleshooting.  I will reach back out when I have more information.

Thanks!

Rachel 

Contributor

@ComcastRachelH thanks for your assistance.

Can you provide some more information on the nationwide outage? I was told it had been raised as a P1 but is now ongoing for 3 days.

Official Employee

MichaelF1  -- Of course.  I'm still working with our teams to get an update.

In the meantime, can you both please try to onboard the Pods & let me know if you are successful?

Thanks!

Rachel 

Contributor

@ComcastRachelH It will be this evening before I can try again.

Regular Visitor

I had this same issue and it turned out it was a problem with the Comcast side. I opened a CSC late Thursday night/Friday AM and from what i was told it was a pretty widespread outage. It was resolved late Saturday night as I went to look at my Gateway and all my pods were listed as connected. I went through the setup process after seeing this and named them all and it has been working flawlessly since. I have not done any speed testing and I am in the process of doing some fine tuning as I have a lot of devices, cell tower repeater, wireless devices , gaming consoles and a server rack to boot so I am not sure how I am going to manage it yet with only the two RJ45 ports but one thing I will say is I do not have any wi-fi coverage problems anywhere in my house now. I got by with only three pods. I have a two story 3200 SF home and my router has to be located on the ground floor corner office. Before I had issues getting wi-fi on the same floor two rooms away. so I am quite pleased so far

Contributor

@ComcastRachelH no difference. Exactly the same situation. We're now nearly four days in and this still isn't working.

Regular Visitor

reset your gateway, unplug your pods and make sure the first one is less than 20 feet (line of site is good) from the router. You can always move them around later. make sure they are spaced roughly the same distance from the router around the house. Then try the online setup again using your phone. Make sure it is connected to teh same wifi and you only have one wifi name

Official Employee

This past Friday evening 7/13, and Saturday 7/14, we experienced a temporary service interruption that impacted activation of xFi Pods.  The issue should no longer be impacting customers.  If you continue to experience any issues, please reach out to me on this thread or via Private Message.

Contributor

All my pods are now online. They certainly are not plug and play but big thanks to @ComcastRachelH who really got involved and stayed with this issue. 

Official Employee

MichaelF1 wrote: All my pods are now online. They certainly are not plug and play but big thanks to @ComcastRachelH who really got involved and stayed with this issue.

I am glad that we were able to get this taken care of for you, please feel free to reach back out to me directly if you need anything else. Have a good day. 

Tags (1)