Community Forum

XFi Pods Activation

New Poster

XFi Pods Activation

Brought new pack of 6 XFi Pods and trying to activate them using XFi app. Get the following error message "We'r having some trouble activating your Pods. Call 1-800-xfinity and have serial number handy, so we can get you up and running"

New Poster

Re: XFi Pods Activation

Mine says the same thing. So fed up with them I'm taking them back. Could never get them activated.
Official Employee

panakkals & Willischris01 - Thank you both for reaching out.  Can you please send me a Private Message & provide the Serial Numbers of the Pods you are trying to onboard?  You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile.  Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Customer support team told me that the brand new pods I brought was actually used by some one else and returned those to store. So the serial number of the pods were in Xfinity System which needs to be cleared by advance national support team before I can activate it and it could take 24-48 hours for activation.  The team member advised me, if I can return and exchange those from a near by xfinity store, it should work fine. I returned and got another unopened Xfi Pods and activated later. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I bought a set of 3. I get this error message after following the steps:

"Pods Not Coming Online". 

I've tried it about 5 times. 

I don't want to bring them back for a refund. YET. What should I do now? 

New Poster

Although I followed the activation steps on my app, I always got stuck because the system could not recognize all 3 pods.   

I called tech support on this issue. The 1st call center agent, who could not help me, elevated me to the next level. This 2nd agent re-booted my modem. That fixed the issue. 

New Poster

I did not have a pleasant installation experience with these today, despite the fact that I am a career network and wifi engineer in my day job.  The poor techs went from bad to worse and after 2 hours I finally got things back to where I started.  Which is to say, the xFi pods don't work.

The issue is that the xFi app for iPhone will only return 'Settings Currently Unavailable'.  I couldn't even make it to the very first step on the home screen of selecting 'more' to install the xFi pods.

All pre-installation recommendations followed to the letter and verified by the Comcast tech as being correct.

Three reprovisionings, 4 refreshes, and 4 power cycles of the modem later, I was briefly able to see the xFi pods as online.  However, they almost immediately went back into first 'offline', then 'Settings Currently Unavailable' mode.

Web GUI on the modem itself is running, Internet is fine.  All 3 pods display slowly blinking LED's as though they are not connected.  I'd be willing to try setting them up again except oops, 'Settings Currently Unavailable'.  No way to set them up.

What's the deal?  This isn't really rocket science.  If someone can tell me what to do, I would gladly do it and save Comcast a truck roll and tech visit.

New Poster

Recently upgraded to 1 gig service at home and thought it would be a great idea to add 3 pods to my network after speaking with the Comcast tech who installed the new internet service. Went to my local Xfinity store and purchased a 3 pack. Read and followed the instructions on how to connect them to the letter. Pods wouldn’t connect. Called tech support and was on the phone with several techs for 6 hours over several calls. They tried several things including restarting the gateway, refreshing the MAC address, having me disconnect my phone service, etc. I was escalated to tier 2 and even tier 3 who finally told me to return the pods and get another 3 pack.  Replaced yesterday and then a third set today.  Came home each time, today with a Xfinity tech at my home for 3 hours.  Replaced the Gateway which was only 3 weeks old with brand new.  Methodically always followed the instructions of being connected to my home network and having Bluetooth activated on my cell, working through XFi app where I see my gateway modem, selecting more and install Xpod, plugged pod in, and holding my phone 6-8 inches away, and when the screen says “connecting to Pod” it gives an error message that says “something went wrong: try again or go back to previous page.” Anyone have any suggestions? Crazy!

New Poster

Sorry to hear about your issues. Especially, the many hours you spent with Tech Support. In my  case, I am paying for a 250 Mbps speed, and was attracted to the promise of a wider and faster mesh WiFi network for my house.

I bought the same 3-pack xFi pod package from a local Comcast store, and tried to configure myself. I followed the instructions (including holding my phone 6 to 8", and ran into similar issues as you encountered.  I was ready to return the devices to the store, but gave it one last try by calling Tech Support. They helped me to configure the pods successfully.  

I do see some improvement in areas where the WiFi is not that great. But I am having 2nd thoughts about whether $120 I paid is a worthwhile investment for the incremental improvement. 

I will monitor it for awhile and make a decision later before the 30 day period for return is over.  

New Poster

Bringing this back to the top.  Hopefully a Comcast employee will see this and offer some assistance.

I had a truck roll today to try and resolve the issues.  Not only could the tech not resolve the issues but he told me that the install tech as a group do not handle the pods at all.  They know 'how' they work, but they do not carry them on their trucks, cannot replace them, cannot even really troubleshoot them.

So, if online tech support can't get these running, and a truck based technician (who was an awesome guy BTW) can't get them running, how CAN I get them running?

Official Employee

Panozguy -- Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for the frustration. I've pulled up your account & shared with engineering to troubleshoot. They will have someone reach out to you directly to troubleshoot.

JayL2 -- When I pull up your account, I'm seeing two Gateways.  I need some additional information from you via Private Message. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks! Rachel

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

@ComcastRachelH - Hello- I could not find the "Send a Message" after clicking on your profile.

Can you please help me.

I cannot activate 2 pods.  I get the following error message:

I use the XFi app. Get the following error message "We'r having some trouble activating your Pods. Call 1-800-xfinity and have serial number handy, so we can get you up and running"

Of note: I have a leased recent Xfinity gateway that has been running for months.  I have one existing pod active on the account.  I bought 2 additional pods online and the previous owner stated comcast removed the 2 pods from the account over 45 days ago.  How can I activate these pods? Please help as 800-comcast senior tech could not assist me.

I have rebooted gateway, phone , xfi app.  Again my gateway is activate and I have been able to activate 1 pod over a month ago and just bought 2 more.  

Where do i find send me a message to DM you?

Thanks,

Scott

Official Employee

scotts3020 -- Not a problem -- I have sent you a private message.  Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page.

From there, you can reply to me with the Serial Numbers of the Pods and I can take a look.

Thanks! Rachel

Regular Visitor

Rachel, 

I am hoping you can help me with Used Xfi Pod Activattion as well.

It has been 4 days since Techinical Support said they would call back in 24 to 72 Hours.

When I called back no one had a clue as to what I was talking about.

Thank you for your time and consideration Smiley Happy

Official Employee

MsDanyLynn - Got your Private Message & will respond to you there.