Community Forum

XFi Pods 2.4 GHz

Regular Visitor

XFi Pods 2.4 GHz

I just installed some xFi pods and have lost connectivity on several devices that require a dedicated 2.4 GHz network. What can I do to re-establish connection for these devices?
Expert

Re: XFi Pods 2.4 GHz

You shouldn’t have lost 2.4GHz at all. It requires one SSID so try connecting those devices to the single name. If you must separate it, you can no longer use xFi Pods.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

These devices just can’t find the network unless it is a specific 2.4 GHz network.

Can 5.0 be turned off on the pods?
Expert

I’m not sure if you can without turning 5GHz off through the gateway if it even lets you.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@KevinTroyPoe wrote:
These devices just can’t find the network unless it is a specific 2.4 GHz network.

Can 5.0 be turned off on the pods?

The installation instructions say that the SSID has to be for both bands in order for the pods to work; they are supposed to detect which band the device uses and assign it.

What specific devices are you having an issue with?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

My Eccobee, a TP-Link smart plug, iAqualink (swimming pool control system) and iKamand (Kamado Joe grill temperature control).
Regular Visitor

I discovered something new today. The pods have started broadcasting a new network under a different name that uses my normal password.

I simply connected each device, and I had forgotten about my garage door openers so there were two more devices than I spoke about earlier.

Don’t know why the system did this as it isn’t referenced anywhere, but it did it and I took advantage and fixed my connectivity issues.