Community Forum

XFi Pod won’t connect and doesn’t light up

New Poster

Suddenly, one of the three pods won’t connect and no longer lights up as I try to reconnect using the add device action via the xFi app. I have tried to get it back online using the app for the past two days now. The other two work. How do I get the third one back up?
Official Employee

Re: XFi Pod won’t connect and doesn’t light up

EstherTheQueen -- When trying to re-onboard that third Pod, the LED is not lighting up when you have it plugged in?

Are you getting an error screen?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am not getting an error screen on the pod or the app except that it says it can't find my first pod

Highlighted
Official Employee

EstherTheQueen -- Thanks for confirming the message. Have you already tried these troubleshooting steps?

Try unplugging the Pod and plugging it back in. Check for a small light on the front of the Pod.
If no light turns on when the Pod is first plugged in, please try the following -- 
Check that your Pod is not plugged in to a power outlet that is connected to a light switch.
Do not connect your Pod directly to your xFi Gateway using the Ethernet port on the bottom of the Pod. The Pods connect wirelessly to the xFi Gateway. You will not be able to activate your Pods if one is connected directly to the Gateway.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have seen many posters in the Xfinity Community Forum are having the same issue.  I have had my XFi Pods for less than 6 months and suddenly, 1 of the 3 will not connect and will not light up.  I've tried all the troubleshooting tips such as:

"Try unplugging the Pod and plugging it back in. Check for a small light on the front of the Pod.
If no light turns on when the Pod is first plugged in, please try the following -- 
Check that your Pod is not plugged in to a power outlet that is connected to a light switch.
Do not connect your Pod directly to your xFi Gateway using the Ethernet port on the bottom of the Pod. The Pods connect wirelessly to the xFi Gateway. You will not be able to activate your Pods if one is connected directly to the Gateway."

Nothing I have tried so far works.  I talked with one of your techs on the phone and he said if the light is not coming on, it is defective and to take it back to the Xfinity store for an exchange.  When I got to the store I was told simply that Xfinity would not replace or exchange the defective Pod.  I thought this sounded a bit odd that you would not stand behind the integrity of your hardware, especially given the expense of the XFi Pods and the widespread problem with them.  Do you have any suggestions that might help me?

Official Employee

SRWITGUY, appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your malfunctioning xFi pod. Are you also getting a "Pods Not Coming Online" or "My Pods Won't Come Online" error message on the xFi app? 

If you were instructed to exchange your xFi pod because it is defective, please follow these steps: 

To initiate a return or exchange, visit http://xfinity.com/xfipodsreturns. Once the return/exchange form is completed, you will receive an email confirmation with next steps on how to return the equipment, as well as details on how your refund or exchange will be processed.

New Poster

@ComcastKenF 

Yes - the xFI app gives me the error message "Pods not coming online".  I've tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps and would like to exchange this defective pod for one that works.  I filled out the form for a return (exchange) over a week ago and now apparently waiting for an email giving me additional instructions on how to exchange it.  Can you advise me on when I will likely get the next communication on return/exchange?  Thanks  

Official Employee

Hi SRWITGUY, thank you for reaching back out.  Please let me know if you still haven't received your confirmation email for your Xfi pods.

Thank you 

Official Employee

Hello Srwitguy, I haven't heard from you, but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you