Community Forum

XFi Pause Not Working

New Poster

XFi Pause Not Working

Do bedtime settings override a pause? I have one device in the profile and it is paused, but my kid is still able to access his games just fine. It shows paused, and I can see network activity right now. Very frustrating!
New Poster

Re: XFi Pause Not Working

I have the correct device assigned to a profile and neither pause or bedtime mode shuts off internet access. Even when it shows paused it also shows activity.
Silver Problem Solver

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

I can assist you. So that I can take a look at your account, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary email address. Please click on my name to see my profile, and then hit the blue "Send Message" button.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Did you get this issue resolved ?   I've been overcharged for months....nothing seems to work and they are still charging me double my original bill.  Regardless of bedtime or pause mode.  Tired of same canned responses.  

New Poster

My step son has done a couple of things to get around time restrictions. The latest is him installing a VPN. The only sure way to stop this is to turn the router/modem off. The problem with that is you cut yourself off from the WiFi.
Official Employee

To quickly address data consumption, you can use xFi to help monitor network activity for WiFi/ethernet connected devices on your home network, however xFi does not account for data consumed through X1 set top boxes (ex. streaming Netflix via the X1 app).

@mjpatterson11, have you noticed a specific issue with xFi not pausing devices? If so, you can send me a Private Message with your account #, device MAC, and timestamp of the last time you tried to pause the device and the activity that device was doing (streaming, browsing, etc). We can look into it. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!