Community Forum

XFi App says Gateway has bridge mode enabled

New Poster

XFi App says Gateway has bridge mode enabled

I’ve went through the admin page and verified that bridge mode is disabled. Just for a double check I’ve called customer support and they verified that bridge mode is off as well. I am using a Comcast modem/router. I’ve soft/hard rebooted my gateway a few times and relogged into the xFi app; no luck. It seems like a glitch with the xFi app. Any suggestions?

Note: I’m trying to avoid a factory reset on my gateway.
Tags (4)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XFi App says Gateway has bridge mode enabled

@xDylan wrote:
I’ve went through the admin page and verified that bridge mode is disabled. Just for a double check I’ve called customer support and they verified that bridge mode is off as well. I am using a Comcast modem/router. I’ve soft/hard rebooted my gateway a few times and relogged into the xFi app; no luck. It seems like a glitch with the xFi app. Any suggestions?

Note: I’m trying to avoid a factory reset on my gateway.

I don't find that setting in my xFi app; where is it?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

so i'm having the same problem...xfi app INSISTS my gateway is in bridge mode.  I spent an hour resetting, etc... myself..then tried level one support....no luck.

very frustrating since I use those features to manage tv watching for the kids.

guess my next step is a factory restore.  I saved all the settings pages as html pages in case I need to refer to them.

Silver Problem Solver

@millervt wrote:

so i'm having the same problem...xfi app INSISTS my gateway is in bridge mode.  I spent an hour resetting, etc... myself..then tried level one support....no luck.

very frustrating since I use those features to manage tv watching for the kids.

guess my next step is a factory restore.  I saved all the settings pages as html pages in case I need to refer to them.

I am able to see my XB6 gateway is in Bridge mode by logging into 10.0.0.1 admin/password.Bridge Mode1.jpg

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I’m currently experiencing the same issue. It all started after a hard reset of my modem. For some reason the bridge was toggled on and then Xfinity/Comcast rep toggled it back off which I confirmed but to no avail. Were you able to find a solution? I’m waiting on a call back from Xfinity with a ticket number.
Silver Problem Solver

@iEngineerGlo wrote:
I’m currently experiencing the same issue. It all started after a hard reset of my modem. For some reason the bridge was toggled on and then Xfinity/Comcast rep toggled it back off which I confirmed but to no avail. Were you able to find a solution? I’m waiting on a call back from Xfinity with a ticket number.

Are you saying you have some issue with your Gateway when it is NOT in Bridge Mode?

New Poster

Yes the XFi App says my Gateway is in Bridge mode. When I log into my Gateway I see bride mode is disabled. Therefore I can’t access my XFi app until a solution is discovered.
Silver Problem Solver

@iEngineerGlo wrote:
Yes the XFi App says my Gateway is in Bridge mode. When I log into my Gateway I see bride mode is disabled. Therefore I can’t access my XFi app until a solution is discovered.

I use 10.0.0.1 admin password to change Bridge Mode.Bridge Mode1.jpg

Official Employee

Hi @iEngineerGlo, are you still seeing the Bridge Mode error? I just checked quickly and it looks like you should be able to access xFi, but let me know and we can dig in more. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Same problem here.  Received new Xfinty Xfi WiFi Modem/Router today and initially it appeared that WiFi coverage was not as good as old modem.  Briefly switched to 'Bridge Mode' to see if I could get an old Apple Airport Extreme up and running (no success), and then switched back to 'Disable Bridge Mode'.

Now I can't access Xfi App to manage devices.  Only 2 ethernet ports provided on new modem also.

Silver Problem Solver

@ericfedorko wrote:

Same problem here.  Received new Xfinty Xfi WiFi Modem/Router today and initially it appeared that WiFi coverage was not as good as old modem.  Briefly switched to 'Bridge Mode' to see if I could get an old Apple Airport Extreme up and running (no success), and then switched back to 'Disable Bridge Mode'.

Now I can't access Xfi App to manage devices.  Only 2 ethernet ports provided on new modem also.

As an aside, my XB6 only has one active ethernet port.  If I remember correctly, my XB3 had two.  Which do you have?

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. Xfi App won’t recognize that Bridge mode has been disabled. Spent an hour on phone with two different Level 1 support techs who couldn’t fix after hard reset and turning bridge on and off on their end. Both could see Bridge was disabled, but that Xfi app wouldn’t update in their “system”. Second tech said try disabling and let it sit overnight to see if system updated, or go get new modem. Didn’t have time to try either “solution” since heading out of town so I put bridge back on and reconnected router I was trying to replace with pods. Anyone else find a fix that works?
New Poster

My solution was to wait 24 hours.
Frequent Visitor

Thx. I will try the wait overnight answer when I get back
Silver Problem Solver

@Kbross wrote:
I have the same problem. Xfi App won’t recognize that Bridge mode has been disabled. Spent an hour on phone with two different Level 1 support techs who couldn’t fix after hard reset and turning bridge on and off on their end. Both could see Bridge was disabled, but that Xfi app wouldn’t update in their “system”. Second tech said try disabling and let it sit overnight to see if system updated, or go get new modem. Didn’t have time to try either “solution” since heading out of town so I put bridge back on and reconnected router I was trying to replace with pods. Anyone else find a fix that works?

It is good practice to reboot all network devices after making any kind of change to the network.

Frequent Visitor

Well waiting overnight for "system to update" did not solve the problem.  Clearly some issue on Comcast end with their Xfi app. Still telling me that gateway is in bridge mode when it clearly isn't. Very frustrating

Frequent Visitor

Update for anyone who still has this issue:

After spending another 25 minutes on phone with a third  Comcast agent who then spoke to "Advanced Repair" department, I am now told that there is a known issue with the Xfi App that is causing this problem and that there is a "repair ticket" already in and I will be notified when the issue is fixed. In the meantime swapping modems (which previous agent also suggested) will not help.  So no solution other than to return Xfi Pods and return to my previous bridge/ router system until the issue is fixed.

Not a very satisfying experience so far

Official Employee

@Kbross wrote:

Update for anyone who still has this issue:

After spending another 25 minutes on phone with a third  Comcast agent who then spoke to "Advanced Repair" department, I am now told that there is a known issue with the Xfi App that is causing this problem and that there is a "repair ticket" already in and I will be notified when the issue is fixed. In the meantime swapping modems (which previous agent also suggested) will not help.  So no solution other than to return Xfi Pods and return to my previous bridge/ router system until the issue is fixed.

Not a very satisfying experience so far

Hi, my apologies as I am just seeing this response today. Have you already returned the Pods?

If not, I would be happy to look into this issue. Please send me a private message with your service address and I can begin troubleshooting. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Contrary to advice received from third phone agent (that exchanging modem would not help) I went to Xfinity Store and did exchange for new advanced gateway, set it up normally, and it works fine with XFi app now. No longer get the “bridge mode” response.  That was the solution after all.  

Official Employee

I'm sorry for the back and forth on this topic, I am glad to hear that you were able to swap for the Advanced Gateway and are no longer experiencing this issue. Let us know if you run into any other issues. 

New Poster

ComcastBrittany,

I am having this issue too.

Just bought xFi pods.  Just turned off Bridge Mode, however both the xFi app, and logging into comcast.net and clicking xFi both tell me I am still in bridge mode.  The xfinity modem/router says I am not.

sgetz

Silver Problem Solver

@spg1234 wrote:

ComcastBrittany,

I am having this issue too.

Just bought xFi pods.  Just turned off Bridge Mode, however both the xFi app, and logging into comcast.net and clicking xFi both tell me I am still in bridge mode.  The xfinity modem/router says I am not.

sgetz

Try turning the Gateway off and back on.

New Poster

After a number of calls, I finally got hooked up with a guy at Comcast who fixed the problem.

He did 2 things.

1. He renamed both my 2.4 and 5 GHz Wifi connections to the same name.

2. He did some kind of account reset on the Comcast side.

The problem went away, and I was able to proceed with the xFi Pod setup.

Don't know if this helped get a knowledgable guy or not, but on Comcast's site there was a link to request a call from technical service.  I used this to get them to call me.