Community Forum

XFi App broken

Highlighted
New Poster

XFi App broken

Everytime I try to sign in I am redirected to a page that says to text them because they cannot activate my gateway. My gateway is already activated, I called customer service and they tried troubleshooting but reactivating the gateway and ensuring the credentials were correct did not resolve the issue. Apparently, other people are having the same issue. I'm assuming a recent update is causing this error, anyone know anything else?
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: XFi App broken

Similar to a different reply I've made so here are the steps that worked for me. I'm assuming your network is running fine though:
- logged out of and back into the xFi app 
- reinstalled the xFi app
- uninstalled the xFi app > installed the Xfinity Mobile app > logged into the Xfinity Mobile app > reinstalled the xFi app (<-- I was automatically logged into this app now)

if it is not running fine though, then here's my full reply to someone else with a similar issue:

There were a lot of things I tried so I'm not exactly sure which worked; we were troubleshooting quite a few other issues at the time, so I can't remember which did the trick. Some of these were suggestions by Xfinity support and some were just my ideas. This is a new product and it doesn't appear support was properly prepped either, so everyone is kinda learning as they go:
First, I called to have the modem/router "activated". There should be an option on that error page to call and agent and/or have a support text sent to one. 

----Note on above for anyone who cares: there seems to be an issue with proper activation of modems for customers with an xFi plan. Specifically with self-service (I had 4 reps tell me the modem was activated on my account and ready for self-servce. Sadly, it was not). In this call, they ran through the same activation process you would for self-service.

For a VERY weird reason, they will ask you to tell them the SSID and Password over the phone. I wouldn't recommend it, cuz... security, so I would just use the one on the bottom of the modem/router and then change it later. 

The network was working when the call ended, but the app was still stuck on that screen so these steps were done:

- logged out of and back into the xFi app 
- reinstalled the xFi app
- uninstalled the xFi app > installed the Xfinity Mobile app > logged into the Xfinity Mobile app > reinstalled the xFi app (<-- I was automatically logged into this app now)

Sorry for the long response. I hope any of these help and you're not talking to support for 11 hours 🙂