Xfinity Community Forum

Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts
New to the Community? Start here.

XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

New Poster
Solved!

XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

Okay so I got a a new XFi Enabled Modem, the Cisco Dctetc... anyways I set it up using the XFi app and It worked and the wifi is up and running. However the XFi app wouldn’t work and says I need to upgrade. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Does the same thing. Tried the web portal, says I successfully upgraded to the new equipment, but doesn’t fix the issue. The app still says to upgrade. Tried rebooting the Gateway. Didn’t work. Can someone please help me. I really want to use the XFi app.
Official Employee

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade


ElenaChavez6001 wrote:
Okay so I got a a new XFi Enabled Modem, the Cisco Dctetc... anyways I set it up using the XFi app and It worked and the wifi is up and running. However the XFi app wouldn’t work and says I need to upgrade. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Does the same thing. Tried the web portal, says I successfully upgraded to the new equipment, but doesn’t fix the issue. The app still says to upgrade. Tried rebooting the Gateway. Didn’t work. Can someone please help me. I really want to use the XFi app.

Hi, I took a quick look into this for you and it looks like xFi has been enabled on your Gateway. Can you please try accessing xFi again and let me know if you receive the same message? 

New Poster

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

Mine does the same
Official Employee

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

Jcwatkins1, the team ran a refresh on your account and it looks like xFi was enabled. Please check again and let us know if you run into any issues. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

I am also getting the same message after needing Gateway replaced by Comcast tech app work before everytime I sign in it says I need to upgrade service
Official Employee

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

Hi TurgeonHockey, sorry to hear you are getting this message. It looks like I will need to escalate this one for resolution, one of our agents will be in touch once they receive the ticket. 

Official Employee

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

TurgeonHockey, the team has resolved this issue for you. Please check xFi again and let us know if you run into any more issues. 

New Poster

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

Same here. Says I need to upgrade. Then when I select :"upgrade" it says I already have. But then it only takes me to my account, not the app. Ugh!

New Poster

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

Are you able to check my modem and account because I am getting the same upgrade equipment message but have the new Cisco modem.
Contributor

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

I am also having exactly the same issue on a newly installed XB3 gateway.
Official Employee

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade


wrote:

Same here. Says I need to upgrade. Then when I select :"upgrade" it says I already have. But then it only takes me to my account, not the app. Ugh!


It looks like this has been resolved - if you are still experiencing issues please let us know. 

Official Employee

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

Message contains a hyperlink

wrote:
Are you able to check my modem and account because I am getting the same upgrade equipment message but have the new Cisco modem.

The device currently listed on your account is not compatible with xFi at this time. If you wish to swap out your Gateway and gain access to the xFi experience, you will need either the Arris 1682g or the Cisco 3941t. 

You can find more information on xFi and the compatible Gateways here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-overview

Contributor

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

I just added a Comcast XB3 WiFi modem yesterday.  Arris TG1682g.  While setup went fine, and the modem is working fine, I am having the same issue as a number of others on this forum.  When trying to login to Xfi app I'm first greeted with "You need to upgrade your equipment", then "your equipment is up to date" in an endless do loop.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, in advance.

Official Employee

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

 

NEWcam30era, I got your private message. I'll try a couple of account refreshes to see if that clears out the error. Reply there when you're ready. 

 

KenF

Official Employee
Solution

Re: XFi App Not Working - Says I Need To Upgrade

NEWcam30era, glad we got that taken care of it private message. Post again if you need anything else!