Community Forum

XFi 2.4 and 5.0

New Poster

XFi 2.4 and 5.0

System setup states that you should not have separate 2.4 and 5.0 speeds when using pods. I however run a wireless surround system that requires connectivity via 5.0. How can I make sure that these speakers are connecting via 5.0 when xFi does not reccomen having two separate speeds?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XFi 2.4 and 5.0

The pods are responsible for providing the correct band to each device; I have both and it is seamless.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thanks for some reason my speakers in surround are not working as well as they did previously so was wondering if it could be that they are trying to connect via 2.4
Official Employee

Rj63 --

Thanks for reaching out! Like you mentioned -- For the best experience with xFi Pods, the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands should be combined and broadcasted under one network name so that your xFi Gateway and Pods can create a Mesh network.

This Mesh network helps optimize your home network by continuously monitoring network traffic to optimize coverage for all of your devices. It can detect and immediately reassign devices to the strongest connection point - Pod or Gateway - as well as determine how best to connect - 2.4 or 5.0 GHz.

If you've just added xFi Pods, it may take a bit of time for your network to optimize. I'm happy to take a closer look if you still experience issues with the speakers.

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks very much. I will wait a bit longer as it relates to the optimization.
Regular Visitor

I have a Wyze Cam that requires it to be connected to a 2.4 GHz connection.  

I have the Model: TG1682G Vendor: ARRIS Group, Inc. Hardware Revision:12.0 using the mesh network with 6 pods.

Can you please send instructions on how to connect a device to the 2.4 GHz connection.

Silver Problem Solver

@metro_casper wrote:

I have a Wyze Cam that requires it to be connected to a 2.4 GHz connection.  

I have the Model: TG1682G Vendor: ARRIS Group, Inc. Hardware Revision:12.0 using the mesh network with 6 pods.

Can you please send instructions on how to connect a device to the 2.4 GHz connection.

If you have Pods, they will support both 2.4 and 5.0.  If you don't have Pods and if your wifi is one SSID for both bands, you can separate the bands with the Gateway Admin Tool.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!