Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XFI is slow and drops to devices

New Poster

XFI is slow and drops to devices

We upgraded to XFI in September ‘17 and my wife and I have had the most frustrating experience ever since. The internet connection on our phones disconnects all of the time leaving us with “no internet connection” on websites and apps. We called and were told by an xfinity CSR that we had to add more speed to our service so we did. Didn’t Help. Yet we continue to pay for a sub-par Service and when asking for help were told to pay more $$.

Anyone know of a solution?
Tags (3)
Official Employee

Re: XFI is slow and drops to devices

Hi, Aspenajlb - I see several issues with RF signal on your account. This is something that should be addressed by a field technician and an appointment has been scheduled. I will follow up with you on Sunday to make sure all issues got resolved.  

Official Employee

@Aspenajlb - How was your tech visit? Any changes?

New Poster

Unfortunately the internet is just as bad after as it was before. I’m at a loss.
Official Employee

@Aspenajlb - Did the tech check the wiring? 

New Poster

I believe so. He replaced the modem. I’d like to return to the old, non-XFi internet modem.
Official Employee

@Aspenajlb - I think there are only 2 gateway models that do not support xFi at this moment: Cisco 3939 and Technicolor TC8717. Your RF signal levels are very good at this moment. What issues are you experiencing with the internet service? 

New Poster

I have had the same problem since I Joined two years ago despite multiple service techs including on that was here for 3 hours this week. Now the tv buffers as well as devices dropping. I too upgraded , bought an extender. Paying for subpar service all this time is not fair
Regular Contributor

Hello lulu91,

I apologize for any frustration this has caused you. I would like to review the modem provisioning to see if I ca resolve this. Can I get you to send me a private message just to verify your account. All I need is your account name, phone number, and service address to get started. Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

It will be 2 years come this March since I upgraded as well. I have had multiple technicians out. None can fix the problem. I lose my signal intermittently and often. Rarely do I see the results of the high speed. Working from home is frustrating...I fill the swear jar weekly. I am waiting for a new Gig service from another vendor and will more than likely cut the TV/phone cord. I will miss some TV but won't miss my land line. It won't hurt that I will save about $170 per month.
New Poster

I just got xFi and I am getting the same results. Sorry to say
Frequent Visitor

I am seeing the same thing and have a service call scheduled on Saturday which is somewhat against my wishes but I don't know what else to do.  Internet to modem is fine and I am getting proper speeds to wired devices, but WiFi connected devices drop often and the router reboots from time to time.  I really dont want to pay this kind of money to go back to a separate access point.

Expert