Community Forum

XFI Pods not connecting.

New Poster

XFI Pods not connecting.

I purchased the three pack of xFI Pods.  They were delivered tonight.  I’ve spent two hours trying to get them set up via the xFI with no success.  

When I go through the set up, I get a message about results not as planned and to restart my gateway.  After unplugging and restarting my router 4 times and the last time the router did not restart for 15 minutes,  I called xfinity support spent 45 minutes on the phone with no success and was told to take them to a store to exchange them.  The issue appears to me that the pods are not connecting to my gateway.  I have a CISCO DPC3941T which is suppose to be compatible to the Pods.  

Why is a “10 minute easy” setup not working?  Are these Pods inferior and just don’t work?  I’ve followed all set up instructions but they just won’t connect to my gateway.  I even went through the troubleshooting and retesting but nothing.  Did I throw away my money?  

Suggestions, hints, tips, or tricks?  I guess I will be returning them and getting a refund.  They cost too much not to work.

Official Employee

Re: XFI Pods not connecting.

VGR300Z - I was able to pull up your account & it looks like all your Pods are online.  Can you please let me know if you need any further troubleshooting help?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I left one pod plugged in last night. This morning when I started the set up process it worked. I have no idea why it would not work last night. But I was able to get all three connected this morning. So for now all seems to be working. I will continue to monitor to see if they are providing expected results before I decide if I will keep them.

Thank you for your prompt response!!
Official Employee

VGR300Z - Thanks for taking the time to let me know.  Please reach out if you need any further assistance.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am having connection setup issues as well. Always get the “sorry this is not working”
Official Employee

Badjenkins -- Thanks for reaching out & I apologize for the frustration.

Can you please send me a Private Message & provide the Serial Numbers of the Pods you are trying to activate?  You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile.

Thanks!

New Poster

I’m also having trouble connecting and getting the “sorry, this won’t work” screen
Official Employee

HiJvalle0926 -- Can you please send me a Private Message & provide the Serial Numbers of the Pods you are trying to activate? You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile.

Thanks!

New Poster

I am getting the same exact thing “sorry this is not working”

this is is frustrating. I was on with Technical support on Friday for an hour. The tech on the other line couldn’t help me. And when I asked to get transferred, he put me on hold and came back as the ‘Supervisor’ trying to disguise his voice. In the meantime people were in the background laughing at the call. Absolutely abhorrent behavior!

so, after the hour, they told me to go to the Xfinity store. I did, yesterday. And they gave me the “oh, were soooo sorry, but you have to go to a different store”

I don’t have the time to run around to different stores.  Can somebody help!!!???

I have one of the new Comcast xFi internet routers,I have 3 pods and none of them will connect. I’ve plugged the pods into almost every outlet in my home. They won’t connect. I can’t get to the store. Will someone assist. I’m not calling tech support anymore because I truly don’t trust them. 

Official Employee

Petesarac -- I apologize for the frustration.  I can assist you!

Can you please send me a Private Message & provide the Serial Numbers of the Pods you are trying to activate? You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile.

Thanks!

New Poster

Having same issues as all the others. Was on with tech support for over an hour and a half to no avail.
Frequent Visitor

My Pods aren't installing either.

I'm running:

+ Xfinity ArrisTG3482G 

+ 3 Xfinity XE1-S Pods

+ iPhone 7

I start the install process, double-check that Bluetooth is on, plug in a Pod, the app tells me to hold the phone near the Pod, after about 3 minutes, the app says its connecting the Pod, I wait 5 or 6 more minutes holding the phone near the Pod, then the app says something went wrong, call Xfinity.  

I've done this multiple times, in different locations, and using different iPhone 7s.

Official Employee

s_camp3180 & Sthondat -- Thanks for reaching out.  Can you both please let me know which error message you are getting when trying to onboard the Pods?

Also, can you please send me a Private Message & provide the Serial Numbers of the Pods? You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile. Thanks!

New Poster

I cannot get my XFI pods to connect either...I have restarted the gateway as instructed and it just spins till I finally get a message saying to restart the gateway...help

Official Employee

Meeds4210 -- Thanks for reaching out. To pull up your account, I need some more information from you. I have sent you a private message. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks! Rachel

Regular Visitor

My Pods aren't connecting either after having connected for ~1 month.

I start the install process, double-check that Bluetooth is on, plug in a Pod, the app tells me to hold the phone near the Pod, after about 3 minutes, the app says its connecting the Pod, I wait 5 or 6 more minutes holding the phone near the Pod, then the app says something went wrong, call Xfinity.  

I've done this multiple times and in different locations as well as restarting/unplugging the Gateway.

Refer to my private message to you with acct# and pod SNs.

Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Hi , I am not able to connect my xpods
Regular Visitor

FYI.  I noticed on this thread there were had yet to be a solution posted.  For me, the solution was leaving the pods plugged into the wall outlets.  Using the xFi app to try and reconnect to each one.  Leaving the moble phone's bluetooth on, the pods came back online by themselves.  It took about 24 hours for the pods to reconnect after doing the above.  But all pods appear to be working again.

Highlighted
Official Employee

ksdeol - Thanks for reaching out & providing those Serial Numbers via Private Message.  I was able to pull up your account & have shared with engineering to troubleshoot. I'll reach out when I have more information.

cgrush2015 -- Thanks for taking the time to let us know.  Please feel free to reach out if you need troubleshooting help in the future.

Regular Visitor

Dear Comcast - isn't it kind of embarrassing that so many people have trouble with these pods?  I spent an hour on the phone with two Comcast reps who had me unplugging and re-plugging modem and pods and television before finally connecting me with a higher-up technician who knew what he was doing -- and even though it took a long long time, he got the pods going again.