Community Forum

XFI Pods not connecting.

New Poster

XFI Pods not connecting.

I purchased the three pack of xFI Pods.  They were delivered tonight.  I’ve spent two hours trying to get them set up via the xFI with no success.  

When I go through the set up, I get a message about results not as planned and to restart my gateway.  After unplugging and restarting my router 4 times and the last time the router did not restart for 15 minutes,  I called xfinity support spent 45 minutes on the phone with no success and was told to take them to a store to exchange them.  The issue appears to me that the pods are not connecting to my gateway.  I have a CISCO DPC3941T which is suppose to be compatible to the Pods.  

Why is a “10 minute easy” setup not working?  Are these Pods inferior and just don’t work?  I’ve followed all set up instructions but they just won’t connect to my gateway.  I even went through the troubleshooting and retesting but nothing.  Did I throw away my money?  

Suggestions, hints, tips, or tricks?  I guess I will be returning them and getting a refund.  They cost too much not to work.

Official Employee

Re: XFI Pods not connecting.

VGR300Z - I was able to pull up your account & it looks like all your Pods are online.  Can you please let me know if you need any further troubleshooting help?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I left one pod plugged in last night. This morning when I started the set up process it worked. I have no idea why it would not work last night. But I was able to get all three connected this morning. So for now all seems to be working. I will continue to monitor to see if they are providing expected results before I decide if I will keep them.

Thank you for your prompt response!!
Highlighted
Official Employee

VGR300Z - Thanks for taking the time to let me know.  Please reach out if you need any further assistance.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!