Community Forum

XF1 not showing connected laptop

New Poster

XF1 not showing connected laptop

Checking our network devices today and my laptop (that I'm on right now and ONLINE) does not show up as a connected device but is there.  I rebooted our Gateway, rebooted my laptop, "forgot" my laptop and I am still online and now my laptop does not show up at all as a device on our network.  Is this a glitch or what?  How can I fix this?  Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: XF1 not showing connected laptop

Hi RNCindy55, are you using the Xfi app or are you checking your equipment from website? Are you connected to your in home wi-fi instead of being connected to a public Xfinity wi-fi hot spot? 

New Poster

I have the same problem but its my 16 year old step daughters desktop. Im not happy it just disappeared off her profile yesterday when i went online to check her usage. How do I add it back?
Official Employee

Ughannoyed wrote: I have the same problem but its my 16 year old step daughters desktop. Im not happy it just disappeared off her profile yesterday when i went online to check her usage. How do I add it back?

Have you reset your modem? Are you using the Xfi app to manage your devices? Is this the only device that has been removed?