Community Forum

WiFi problems

New Poster

WiFi problems

I have several security cameras Blink and Amcrest, hooked up to my Wi-Fi. I also have a Wi-Fi thermostat. And a couple of light control modules everything WiFi. It worked for about a week and a half ...I left on vacation and now all devices are disconnected from the Wi-Fi and nothing is working. According to Comcast in my apps mywifi is working yet out of the blue all of my cameras and devices stop working at exactly the same time it can't be a problem with all those devices it's got to be a problem with the modem. anyone have any ideas? Side note we've reset the modem via the app via Comcast technical Dept, over the phone, I even unplugged the cameras and I unplug the modem way to 10 minutes plugged it back in and I still have nothing none of my devices will talk to my WiFiI and this happened all out of the blue!! Very frustrated, as I am out of town and that was the purpose of setting up all these devices in the first place.
New Poster

Re: WiFi problems

We’ve been experiencing this too!
New Poster

Same problem here as well everything is not connected however the system show I am up and running
Silver Problem Solver

Are you all usiing the xFi Gateway?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@DetroitKid, I took a quick look into this for you and see that you have an additional router connected on your network. This is not a problem, however sometimes adding these additional access points on your network can interfere with the way xFi reports connected devices. You mentioned you were out of town. Is there any way to confirm if the devices are in fact not online?

@MoDavii , @Darwin4b, do you still have devices that are offline (no connectivity) when they should be connected?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!