Community Forum

WiFi home assessment is a joke you don't get free xpods

Highlighted
New Poster

I been on chat, phone and store for the the xfi assessment it said I needed xpod I clicked the link and filled out the for no confirmation and there xpod group says there is no order I been a coustomer since 2013 and this is ridiculous. I have more problem with Xfinity not caring to help just sale product or make you do a run around till you give up.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: WiFi home assessment is a joke you don't get free xpods

Hi Reggie,

I've taken a look at your account and I'm looking into resolving this issue for you. I'll keep you updated with the response/resolution that I get back.

Thanks,

Hana

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

It is a joke. I'm pretty sure it's all just canned and automated response. I just recently signed up for service and got the Xfi Advanced just for the unlimited data.  The gateway has been in bridge mode the moment the installer left.  This means all wifi and routing functionality is turned off as I'm using my own equipment for that.

I got an email a few days ago saying the wifi assessment is complete and that their advanced algorithims determined everything is great.  I don't know what kind of algorithms they're talking about since I'm not even using their device for wifi lol. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I have been on this program since April. They have collected since then. Called in May then June, no pods, no wifi assessment, now no record of how/where they did or didnot send out the xpods. What now?
Highlighted
New Poster

I have been on this program since April. They have collected since then. Called in May then June, no pods, no wifi assessment, now no record of how/where they did or didnot send out the xpods. What now?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @UnhappyinNM 

Thanks for reaching out.  I was able to pull up your account & take a look at what happened to your xFi Pod shipment. I have sent you a private message with additional information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

i've been trying to get them since june of last year. 

i call support 2 times a day, almost every day.

been in store 4 times now.

still being given the run-around.

i'm most likely going to take it up with the Better Buisness Bureau and whatever their HR is.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @jrmd 

I can help with your issue.  I just have a few questions about your experience, if you don't mind. Did you receive a WiFi Assessment results e-mail in Jan? Did you attempt to click on the link and complete the form in that email? 

Unfortunately, at the moment, Pods can only be redeemed via online order. Which is why the Xfinity stores weren't able to assist you. In the meantime, I've escalated your issue. I'll be in touch about any next steps and also I'll try to get a tracking number for you. 

Thanks,

Hana

Highlighted
New Poster

I've gotten the same runaround as others for 3 months getting the complementary xFi pods:

-I first was directed to the home wifi assessmentand, and told to fill out wifi assessment form by a rep in September- this webpage (which should be taken down) told me I was eligible for the complementary pods, and then erroneously told me "your xFi pods are on their way" (with no confirmation number). I held out hope I would receive them and waited 2 weeks. 

-Then I called a rep inquiring about their whereabouts. He said I hadn't received them b/c I needed to swap/update my Xfinitymodem and activate Advantage, which he convinced me to do (I had been planning on buying my own modem and mesh-network at Best Buy). He assured me that I'd be eligible for the complementary xFi pods after a 2 week assessment. Waited another 2 weeks, and never received pods, much less any notification of an assessment.

-Then initiated a chat with a rep to inquire why I had yet to receive the xFi pods. They said they could send pods after another 2 weeks, but due to the elongated nature of my wait, that I should go to my local store to pick up the complementary pods. I asked for assurance that before I took the time and effort to leave my family on a busy Saturday, that they (a) had the pods in stock and (b) would be available to me at no charge. He assured me that this was the case, and provided a reference number for me.

-With that assurance, I went to the store expecting a frictionless pick-up, only to be met by a rude sales rep, who said we don't have any complementary pods available, but I'll sell them to you. Incredibly frustrated I asked to speak with the manager, who explained that a part of the reason, I hadn't received the pods was b/c Advantage was not activated in my account. Confused, I said I had previously authorized Advantage when I ordered the new Modem, etc., and told that was what I needed to received the pods. The manager was apologetic about me incorreclty being told that pods would be available to pick-up in store, but said he could not give them to me, in spite the multiple mis-communications and errors on Comcast's end. He suggested that I follow-up with phone customer service. 

-So I did just that, re-explaining the saga (which I came to find out was not well documented in my account - please check the transcripts and or call logs if available vs. the notes that reps made. Yet again, I was told that xFi pods would be shipped to me at no charge, but wait, I just needed to authorize Advantage service. I said, I've already done this twice now, but sure, if you can guarantee that you'll send me the pods after I do that, fine. The reps confirmed just that. Yet after going through the prompts to update my account, he said the system would not allow him to send the pods out (flying in the face of what he had just told me). He said I'd need to go through another 2 week assessment to determine my eligibility. I explained that this was completely unacceptable- telling me to update my account to Advantage (when it should have already been done twice) in order for him to send me the pods, only to back-track and say he couldn't do that. 

Honestly this has been the most maddening customer experience/saga I've dealt with any company EVER, and my home wifi is still terrible, and I have no more confidence/clarity on when/if I'll receive the complementary pods as advertised/promised. I will cancel my service if this does not get resolved promptly. I've expended way too much time and effort dealing with Xfinity customer service and feel like groundhog day, running in circles. 

Please contact me directly @ComcastHana . Thanks. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@sledge79 

I'm looking into this and will be in touch as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,

Hana

Highlighted
New Poster

I have also tried to order the pods from the link below about 4 weeks ago and did not receive a confirmation email. Just the confirmation page that says: 

You're all set!

Thanks for your order. Your xFi Pods will be on their way soon! In the meantime, get excited for the ultimate in-home WiFi experience."

It's been a month now and I haven't received anything. Is this a scam or what?

Also, the confirmation page is just a generic HTML page that is accessible to anyone. (https://homewifiassessment.xfinity.com/thanks)

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@primaljohn wrote:

I have also tried to order the pods from the link below about 4 weeks ago and did not receive a confirmation email. Just the confirmation page that says: 

You're all set!

Thanks for your order. Your xFi Pods will be on their way soon! In the meantime, get excited for the ultimate in-home WiFi experience."

It's been a month now and I haven't received anything. Is this a scam or what?

Also, the confirmation page is just a generic HTML page that is accessible to anyone. (https://homewifiassessment.xfinity.com/thanks)

Same here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@primaljohn 

I took a look at your account and did not see the xFi advantage rate code. The pods can only be redeemed by xFi Advantage customers whose 14 day WiFi Assessment indicates that their home network could benefit from pods.

You can still purchase the 3-pack or 6-pack of pods or upgrade the the advantage package to receive the wifi assessment.

Thanks,

Hana

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastHana wrote:

@primaljohn 

I took a look at your account and did not see the xFi advantage rate code. The pods can only be redeemed by xFi Advantage customers whose 14 day WiFi Assessment indicates that their home network could benefit from pods.

You can still purchase the 3-pack or 6-pack of pods or upgrade the the advantage package to receive the wifi assessment.

Thanks,

Hana

Strange; this website says I pass:

"Your assessment is complete. The results show that xFi pods may help improve your home WiFi coverage."

https://homewifiassessment.xfinity.com/?clickid=zGX0DMTaaxyJTIBwUx0Mo3cwUknyDez1RwYi200&irgwc=1&cmp=...

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@RobertWy 

This page is static. It was designed to display the same message without logging in. The page was designed for xFi Advantage customers and has since leaked to a wider audience. Teams are working to rectify the misinfortmation 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastHana wrote:

@RobertWy 

This page is static. It was designed to display the same message without logging in. The page was designed for xFi Advantage customers and has since leaked to a wider audience. Teams are working to rectify the misinfortmation 

Thank you.