Community Forum

WiFi dropping

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

WiFi dropping

WiFi continuously drops off devices, multiple times a day, even when close to modem.
So annoying! Help!!!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: WiFi dropping

@Lorijim wrote:
WiFi continuously drops off devices, multiple times a day, even when close to modem.
So annoying! Help!!!

Do you have the xFi Pods?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I do not. It’s a small house and it’s always worked fine in the past. Funny thing how it started doing this around the same time they started promoting the pods. 🤨
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Lorijim wrote:
I do not. It’s a small house and it’s always worked fine in the past. Funny thing how it started doing this around the same time they started promoting the pods. 🤨

I doubt it has anything to do with pods; I have had the same issue with my XB3 Gateway's wifi.

I replaced the XB3 with the XB6 and wifi still wasn't acceptable, so I purchased the Orbi and turned off the XB6 Gateway wifi.

Much better.

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/rankers/wifi-system/view

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, Lorijim. I received your PM and will reach out ASAP. Thank you for your patience and for posting to the forums! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!