Community Forum

WiFi X1 is dropping

New Poster

WiFi X1 is dropping

This afternoon i went to xfinity and upgraded to the 1g omg, why did I even think it would work.  I never had problems with my old xfinity moden/router now for every 20 minutes of viewing it drops.  Has anyone found a solution?  I was ready to purchase the pods because I have a 2 story home and thought why would I, I never had a problem with the older modem before nor did my wifi ever drop supporting 4 televisions 1 on the 1st floor and 3 on the 2nd floor plus  an xbox all at once and never did I have any issues. now 6.5 hours later and my family members are looking to me for answers.  Why fix what wasnt broken!!!!  I thought this would be a great upgrade, I am so fustrated, my husband is concerned, as he works from home and is worried about having issues in the morning with the internet.  Someone please help!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Re: WiFi X1 is dropping

I have similar issues (xFi wifi drops, upset family members) and am seeking an answer.  If you found a resolution, please share!

Silver Problem Solver

@joconnell97 wrote:

I have similar issues (xFi wifi drops, upset family members) and am seeking an answer.  If you found a resolution, please share!

I had the same issue with my wifi.  I finally installed the Orbi and now I don't have any issues with wifi.

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/33132-wi-fi-system-retest-netgear-ac3000-o...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi there, lilydlc1962. 

I work from home as well, so I understand the importance of a stable internet connection. I can help look into your account and see what we can do. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi there again!

Did you have any other questions before I close out your post? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

What is the solution for the WiFi dropping? It is constant in our house
New Poster

Hello, this seems to be the same complaint I see everywhere on the internet.....I had the older rectangle Xfinity gateway and it never ever dropped the wifi or kicked my son from a Xbox live game.....I figured I would switch over to the new one for better/faster speeds....well like I said, it keeps dropping all of us on wifi every 10 minutes or so and keeps kicking my son out of his games on Xbox.....please help