Community Forum

WiFi Data Useage

Highlighted
New Poster

WiFi Data Useage

I’ve noticed that since about Sept of 2018 our household WiFi usage has more than doubled what it was before. We have only added two devices and I monitor the amount of time they are used carefully. However, when I go to check data usage for devices in account, all devices reflect a 1% or less usage except one. I’m curious as to why my internet usage could’ve doubled when nothing of any significance has changed to cause this. I check all devices every day and do not see any data that gives me a reason for this change in usage. I’m at almost 500G for this month already and I see no information on my account showing how this is even possible. I wonder if anyone else has had any issues?
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: WiFi Data Useage

I am on the same boat. Everyone here is having same issues. Comcast doesn't tell you which device mac or ip and the percentage monitor is garbage since it doesn't tell you the gb data...

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: WiFi Data Useage

BrittR7272 and iceman0500-- thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums about your data usage concerns. We have a dedicated team that works with customers who have data usage concerns. Please reach out to the Customer Security Assurance team so they can open an investigation on your data usage. They can be reached here:1-877-807-6581; 6:00 AM - 2:00 AM ET/Seven days a week.

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!