Community Forum

WiFi Calls Dropped by Pods

New Poster

WiFi Calls Dropped by Pods

Since setting up my pods a few days ago as I move around the house my WiFi calls get dropped. In addition my laptop for work lost connection multiple times in one day.
Official Employee

Re: WiFi Calls Dropped by Pods

BernieGiam - Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for the frustration. I've pulled up your account to take a look.  Could you provide a little more context -- Which Pods do you have trouble connecting to?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

My understanding is that there is a known issue witht the XFi pods not handing off wifi calls.  When will Comcast send out a fix to this issue as it is extremely annoying and problematic?!

Frequent Visitor

I still have problems with the pods not handing off beteeen pods on WiFi calling. When is Comcast going to fix this problem?
Frequent Visitor

This is the whole point of having the pods in the first place. Seamless movement throughout the house while on a wifi call.   I keep experiencing wifi call drops when emails are delivered. Is this related in some way. 

Official Employee

lrez57 & pgillard99 -- Thank you for reaching out.  I've sent you both Private Messages for more information.  Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks! Rachel

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I have 6 Pods and I drop calls between all of them.  I don't have a specific time stamp but it happened last week while my wife was on her phone.  I tend to stay in one spot now - which really defeats the purpose of the Pods, so I don't specific time stamp for me either.  We use iPhone XS phones.  Can you tell me how to get you the Gateway information you need?  I can see the gateway via 10.0.0.1 but I don't see the XFi in particular just the connected devices.

Highlighted
Official Employee

lrez57 -- 

To get the MAC addresses of the iPhones --
1. Go to the Devices section of the Xfinity xFi app.
2. Select a device in the list, and then select Device Details.

To get the CM MAC address of your Gateway --
1. Go to the Network section of the Xfinity xFi app.
2. Select your Gateway in the list, and then select Gateway Details.

Frequent Visitor

Can you private message me so I can send you the gateway

Official Employee

lrez57 -- Thank you for the CM MAC of the Gateway, I've responded to your PM.

New Poster

I’m having similar issue of WiFi and Connect app calls dropped when I walk around the home as my WiFi switches from one pod to another. Is there a resolution provided by Xfinity?
Official Employee

TorD - I'd like to investigate the issue you're experiencing.  Can you please send me a Private Message & provide the following information?  You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile. Thanks!

Timestamps when you have experienced the dropped calls.

To get the MAC addresses of the device(s) being used  --
1. Go to the Devices section of the Xfinity xFi app.
2. Select a device in the list, and then select Device Details.

To get the CM MAC address of your Gateway --
1. Go to the Network section of the Xfinity xFi app.
2. Select your Gateway in the list, and then select Gateway Details.

Frequent Visitor

Rachel - beyond asking for our specific MAC information, can you tell us if Comcast has a technical solution to this "known" issue?  I was told by a Comcast Technical Supervisor back in September that the handoff problem was a known issue and Comcast was working with the Pod manufacturer on a fix that would be downloaded through the router.  Please share with this Forum if there is actually a solution.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Comcast, how about posting a solution instead of asking for private messages.  This defeats the purpose or having a message board. We all need answers

Does Comcast have a solution or not.  I plan to return my pods as they do not work!!

Frequent Visitor

How about posting a real answer that we can all benefit from instead of working with people via PM.  This is whey people hate comcast.

Official Employee

lrez57 & pgillard99 --

I apologize for your frustration and would like to help troubleshoot the issues you all are reporting. There are multiple factors that can be impacting your experience and we ask for details like MAC addresses and timestamps via Private Message so we can investigate what's happening on an individual account level. If you can provide these details, I can work with engineering to investigate.

Frequent Visitor

I have called comcast/xfinity several times and made no progress. Can you post some details on typical types of issues and solutions with dropped wifi calls.  We are smart enough to troubleshoot many things ourselves. This approach is a lot better than being on hold for over an hour, with three COLD transfers and no answers.  Reps are clueless and spend more time checking irrelevant scripts.  

Give us a clue at least...

FYI - I called verizon, got a netextender and problem was resolved instantly.  great service.