Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Why are paused devices able to still connect

New Poster

Why are paused devices able to still connect

I place parental controls on my daughters device along with bedtime and she can still access the internet. I even tried pausing her devices and I watch her get online even then
Official Employee

Re: Why are paused devices able to still connect

Hi Kim_mikebutler, please send me a Private Message with the MAC address for your daughter's device and we can look into why the pause feature is not working. Thanks. 

New Poster

I am having the same issue. The devices are still working when they show as paused
New Poster

Same issue here. Any updates on how to make the pause feature work?
Official Employee

wrote:
Same issue here. Any updates on how to make the pause feature work?

If you have verified that the devices remain on your home network and connected to the internet, please send me a private message verifying your service address/ZIP as well as a MAC Address for one of the devices that does not pause. Thanks!

New Poster

I'm having the same issue with one device only. I set it to puased and it is still accessing the wifi. It even shows up as on the graph of network activity?

Frequent Visitor

Because Xfi is a con.

I have two devices unplugged from power sources, desktop PC and an XBOX with no ethernet cables plugged in and Xfi still says they use data every day.  They have built this complicated app but none of the data is real so I would not be surprised it cant even block a device.

Contributor

Comcast Daniella -

did you ever sort out what is happening here?

Thanks

Mike

New Poster

Same thing here. I asked my husband and he said it’s because it will just switch over to using data instead.
We don’t have unlimited data so this could actually be more of a problem for us! What is the solution?!