Community Forum

WIFI Disconnection

New Poster

WIFI Disconnection

I am using WiFi through 6 devices.

However, since about three weeks ago, it started being disconnected periodically/intermittently no matter what devices I am using.

Sometimes when I use the phone, sometimes when I watching the smart TV, it happens.

I tried to troubleshoot, however, it recovers after about 1 min, so I cannot examine it fully.

I think it's WiFi device issue, and it's really annoying. I really want to fix it

Thank you

Best Regards

Silver Problem Solver

Re: WIFI Disconnection

@sjki wrote:

I am using WiFi through 6 devices.

However, since about three weeks ago, it started being disconnected periodically/intermittently no matter what devices I am using.

Sometimes when I use the phone, sometimes when I watching the smart TV, it happens.

I tried to troubleshoot, however, it recovers after about 1 min, so I cannot examine it fully.

I think it's WiFi device issue, and it's really annoying. I really want to fix it

Thank you

Best Regards

Do you have one of the gateways that support the xFi Pods?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

HAving the same issue, pretty sure it's outside cable problem as that's been target for replacdement but a series of temporary fixes are now failing.  Internet connection dropping sometimes four or five times in a 20 minute period.  Doing the online trouble shooting shows nothing except weak connection.....well, duh!

Linda MAtthews

New Poster

I don’t have a solution. Wanted to join in. I’ve been having same problem like right now no WiFi!!
New Poster

I am also having the same issue. Constant WiFi disruptions and having to reconnect my Gateway every 30 minutes or so. I did not have this issue before “upgrading” to xFi.
Regular Visitor

Just off the phone with help for disconnect problem that seems to work...completely empty the cache under More Tools in the menu of dots at upper right.  Fifteen minutes without a break!