Community Forum

Update?

New Poster

Update?

2 days ago my XFi app update went through and when I opened the app not longer after to check in a paused device, it had taken me through steps to restart my gateway and I had to change username and password which I didn't really want to do. A friend was here and I was checking if her device was paused or not so she took matters into her own hands with the restarting gateway and changing stuff. My question is... Did I have to have my username and password changed or did my friend just think it had to be done?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Update?

There is no way to tell, from what you said.  But I have had my XB6 for several months and neve had to change the userid/password.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Update?

Hi JennaHissam, thank you for reaching out but from what it sounds like the gateway username/password didn't need to be reset.  Please follow this link for instructions on how to change these back.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/securing-wireless-gateway-network

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!