Community Forum

Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

New Poster

Re: Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

I’m having this problem now. We’re you able to get this resolved on your end?
New Poster

Having the same issue but it seems she broke into our account to unpause herself.

Regular Visitor

I am not able to unpause any devices in sleep mode AGAIN!!! I will call for assistance once they open. I was previously told they have nothing to do with the app.

Why does this continually occur??
New Poster

Still issues Smiley Sad why cant we also pause, shut iff tvs ? Used to Smiley Sad(
New Poster

AGREE! NEED full parental cobtrols back. Need to see all,anything using wifi. Also beed back ability to shut down tvs!!!
New Poster

I can not get one of our devices UNPAUSED. I’ve tried no less than 10 times. Each time I hit “Unpause this device”, it thinks for a moment then I get the message that it’s been Paused. Every. Single. Time. I’ve logged out of my account and back in again. I can’t also change the paused times. Please Help.
New Poster

Same problem.  I paused a device and it worked at first but not for long.  Unpausing/pausing doesn't work at all.  I made sure to disable the xfinity hotspot on our router.  Child is still connected to gateway and using internet even though the device is supposed to be paused.  So frustrating.  I see it's a year after many similar reports and Comcast stating they are "working on it" but apparently no fix?!

New Poster

Did you ever get the Xfi issue resolved? I'm having the same problem. 

New Poster

Hello, I called for help with this exact issue and Comcast sent a service person to our house. Who said he doesn't repair this. This service worked great when it was first launched and hasn't worked since. Why is this taking more than a year to fix? This application is much needed in order to control the WiFi.
New Poster

I’m having this issue and need to resolve it ASAP please. Can you help?
Official Employee

@bzimmy415@Jabudarh, I have run a cleanup on your Gateways to clear out old/invalid rules that were likely causing this issue with unpausing devices. Please let me know if you are still experiencing the issue. 

@dcaron11@andiqui574@leenservices,  are you still experiencing issues with pausing connected devices? If you can send me an example with the info below, I'd be happy to have the team look into it. You can send me a Private Message with the following:

- MAC address of the device you're trying to pause

- Date/Time stamp for when you paused the device in xFi

- a screenshot of how the devices appears in the devices list while it should be paused

@kelleymorelock, I have responded to your report on another thread. 

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hello,

My modem was restarted remotely today then my (2) connected Google Wifi APs can no longer acquire connection through it - when i try to connect my laptop to the Google WiFi APs I get the screen that says device is either paused or in bedtime mode - similar to the issues on this thread - can someone help me please? Thank you.
New Poster

This isn't functioning right for me, it's showing devices paused and they're not.
New Poster

This isn't functioning properly for me, it's showing devices paused when they're not.
New Poster

I am having issues on one of my desktop computers with the message

on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues