New Poster

Re: Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

Having same trouble Devices paused can still access the internet
New Poster

Mine has never worked. The pause does not work

New Poster

Nope. Nothing. I have no TV or Internet because I paused it device. I can't take this I thought Comcast could give support 27/7 well bust my chops!, Closed!
New Poster

FWIW, this was my problem.

ARRIS SurfBoard SVG2482AC (** OWNED). Brand new customer and modem.  Do not have access to xFi, since I own the equipment (apparently??).

Odd thing was that only iOS devices (iPhones, iPad, and iPod) were automagically paused.  All other devices were able to join WiFi network and browse without issue.

Did the support tech thing... restart devices... reboot router....  end result > You need to call ARRIS.  ARRIS response > Comcast owns the firmware, take it up with them.

This should be step # 1 in the troubleshooting handbook!

Regular Visitor

Can I send you the mac adresses of the problem impacting my device?

New Poster

the xfinity xfi app used to let me pause and unpause devices and now I think they are paused...but they are not. I cannot pause devices. please help! I called and they wrote up a ticket and told me it has been sent to tier 2 dept?! please contact me and tell me how to fix this. I have deleted and redownloaded the app and tried forgetting the device and adding it again without success. 

New Poster

I am having similar issues. I get “We’re having some trouble” when trying to pause profiles or devices. I also get the same error when trying to reboot my Comcast router from the app or from the webui.
Regular Visitor

Originally configured Device Management blocking/bedtime directly in my DPC3941 gateway, then found that the xFi app was available and had more options, so spent 1-2 hours naming all devices and profiles. Later found that the bedtime rules in the gateway were overriding the bedtime rules in xFi. So I logged into the gateway and performed "reset to factory defaults". This forced me to set a new WiFi name and WiFi password, which was a pain, but went ahead and did that, and when I logged into the gateway I found that the gateway bedtime rules had cleared themselves out, which is what I needed done...Reconnected all my devices to the new WiFi name/password. Found that only 1 of about 5 active devices that were actively connected to WiFi were shown as connected in the xFi app. Restarted the gateway and then most of the active devices did show correctly as connected in xFi. 

Even after doing this, the xFi bedtime problem is not fully resolved. The gateway bedtime rules no longer seem to override the xFi bedtime rules, however there seems to be a new problem with the xFi bedtime rules:  Lets say that I want to allow a laptop to connect to the Internet while it is in Bedtime mode on a Tuesday... Since there is no option to temporarily "Unpause" the device (wouldn't that be nice!) I go ahead and delete the school day bedtime rule. Now in the xFi app the device shows connected with the green dot, but on the actual laptop the web browser still says it's in bedtime mode and won't load any webpages, and yes, WiFi is connecting to the gateway of course. After fussing with it for about half an hour and deleting the weekend bedtime rule in xFi it finally connected. 

1. How long should it take to allow a device to connect after the bedtime rule is deleted? 

2. In order to allow a device to connect during bedtime, as a work-around, is it necessary to delete both the school day and weekend bedtime rules? 

3. Why isn't there an option to temporarily "unpause" a device during bedtime?

4. Is it possible to block Internet access from 9pm until 3pm the following day? Currently 11:30am the following day is the latest...

5. How do I get the xFi bedtime feature to work reliably? As stated I've already reset my DPC3941 gateway to factory defaults and still have issues.

6. How do I private message a Comcast employee here? Do I have to submit at least one post first or something?

New Poster

Hello, I have this Pause or Bedtime problem.  It happens with only one from the three devices I use the wifi with. I called customer service, and they indicated it is a manufacturers issue (LG).  Can you help me? Thank you

Regular Visitor

Got the GB Plan with new Xfinity modem/router. Now xFi will not pause any device. Deleted xFi app, changed network name/password, downloaded xFi app again. Devices are discovered by xFi app and correctly identifies connected devices, but will not pause any - even though xFi app indicates device is paused.

Suggestions?
Silver Problem Solver

@Oblidoblido wrote:
Got the GB Plan with new Xfinity modem/router. Now xFi will not pause any device. Deleted xFi app, changed network name/password, downloaded xFi app again. Devices are discovered by xFi app and correctly identifies connected devices, but will not pause any - even though xFi app indicates device is paused.

Suggestions?

Sounds like you need to start a new thread with GB Plan in the Subject.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Pause/Bedtime is not working for me either. It looks like the devices are paused in the app, but they are still able to access the internet.
Regular Visitor

I was contacted by ComcastJoeTru on this thread and I sent him my account name, phone, address via private message. He did a ‘refresh’ on my modem and now xFi works.
New Poster

I am also experiencing same issue.Not able to connect to internet md its showing “This device is paused or in Bed time mode” but its neither paised or in bed time mode. Called customer care they are telling they need to replace the modem. But i feel modem is all fine as it working all fine with ither devices. please let me know if there is something i can do to resolve the issue.

Thanks
Avinash
New Poster

So we are having the issue where we are unable to pause devices.  Xfi indicates they are paused, but they are still working.  After reading the posts, I am afraid to call the 800 number - my experience has also been that I often end up with a bigger problem than I called about.  

Regular Visitor

I am having an isse with it saying my phone is in Pause or Bedtime mode. Support has not been able to help, can someone help help me? thanks!

Official Employee

Hi @pandaholly, 

I can help you. Can you please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having similar issue. I’ve called Comcast multiple times and have gone through the same troubleshooting every time. They’ve reset the Gateway signal, rebooted my modem. Need help! This is ridiculous
Official Employee

@sfberto, 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.I can help.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

One of our machines is paused in bedtime mode even though we have disconnected and reconnected the device, following the online troubleshooting steps. However, the dashboard shows that it's connected and shows no connection errors.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. My son will be on Xbox and it willidentofy him as connected. Only the same three devices are ever seen as connected. I could be online all day on a device and it would never say it is connected and I can’t pause it so I’m the case of my sons Xbox the bedtime mode and pause do. It work at all. A week ago it did but has stopped since.
New Poster

one of my devices is stuck in sleep/pause mode. Already tried restarting gateway. Can someone from xfinity support please reply back to this?
New Poster

I’ve been on the phone with Comcast 3x today. I use the xFi app to pause my sons iPad and laptop at night. As of two days ago (Wednesday) I cannot unpause my sons laptop and iPad. It says they are unpaused but in fact they are not. He cannot access the internet to do homework. I need this resolved ASAP. I was supposed to get a call from tier 3 and once again, a let down. I pay way to much money per month for service to be this shotty. Thanks.
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem. What should I do?
Frequent Visitor

My son’s devices are stuck in pause mode. The app shows them in paused. We have restarted app and devices to to avail. What can we do?
Official Employee

@ckat219 @TBarlog523 @b144 @Ichaz66 @cenogene

Are you still having this problem? If yes, I can assist you. So that I can take a look at your account, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary email address. Please click on my name to see my profile, and then hit the blue "Send Message" button. 

New Poster

I am have the same issue. Paused device and says paused on the app but the device still connects to my wifi. I need help.
New Poster

Same here
Frequent Visitor

I can not see where to send a personal message on this forum.

Silver Problem Solver

@ckat219 wrote:

I can not see where to send a personal message on this forum.

You have to click on the Comcast Employee's name and you will see a "send message" on the right side.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

thanks.  I found it (swear the blue button was not there yesterday!!!)

Regular Visitor

I am having issues with the Paused or in Bedtime Mode being "stuck" on one of my devices.   Although the device is connected to the modem it can not connect to the internet and keeps erroring "Paused or in bedtome mode".  Please  help.

New Poster

If you are having this issue with pausing and un pausing devices like I had please go to your account online and select Troubl shoot then get help. You will see an option for Restart your Gateway. Select restart your Gateway and this should clear the cache of the devices connected to your Gateway/modem and remove devices caught in the pause unpaused loop. This process should take about 10 minutes. This option works better than simply unplugging the power cord from the Gateway.

New Poster

I have been unable to use my roku as it’s been in sleep mode for 2 days. I also have been unable to pause or unpause any of my other devices since getting my new modem. Please help!!!
Official Employee

Hi Darcieandstanc, Would you be able to send me a private message with your First and Last name, and your zip code for verification?  I can take a look at your account settings for you. 

New Poster

Wheer is the fixfor this .. I can not connect my childs Ipad now 

Official Employee

Hi @kerriann30, Would you be able to send me a private message with your First and Last name, and your zip code for verification?  I can take a look at your account settings for you. 

New Poster

I am having issues unpause go my son’s iPad. Usually only happens on Sunday. What information can I send to help get this fixed?

Official Employee

I can assist you. So that I can take a look at your account, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary email address. Please click on my name to see my profile, and then hit the blue "Send Message" button.

New Poster

I am having issues with the Pause/Betime feature. For some strange reason the parameters that I set in the app are not retained and randomly changed. How can I fix this?
Official Employee

Hi @WILFRRDO324,

I can assist you. So that I can take a look at your account, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary email address. Please click on my name to see my profile, and then hit the blue "Send Message" button.

New Poster

Need some help as one of our devices continues to tell us it's on sleep or paused. I've reset modem, reset ipad, etc. nothing. Please help. 

@ComcastDaniella wrote:

We apologize to our xFi customers who have been experiencing issues using the Pause and Bedtime Mode features.  While a number of improvements have been made, there are still a few outstanding issues we need to address to provide you with the best experience possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

If you experience a problem with Pause/UnPause or Bedtime Mode, please continue to report your issues in the xFi Forum. In most instances, once we confirm the details about your xFi Gateway and the device(s) experiencing the issue, we can get it resolved quickly.

New Poster

I'm continuously receiving bed time mode issues on my front room t.v.
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever get the "xFi forgets bedtime settings" problem resolved?  My settings revert to OFF every night.  I'm asking you because Comcast doesn't seem to actually tell us how to fix anything in these forums.

Regards,

Dave

New Poster

I cannot get my router/modem off xFi Pause/Bedtime Mode.  Can you help me solve this problem?

New Poster

Hello there hopefully you can help me I have not been able to adjust bedtime mowed or pause and unpause devices for almost a month now. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Official Employee

Good afternoon, 

I can assist you with your pause issue. So that I can take a look at your account, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary email address. Please click on my name to see my profile, and then hit the blue "Send Message" button.

New Poster

as patent xfi needs tp be bolstered up-alot!

why does every pod hv ext cable allowed in??? ridiculous as kids get around by using??? maybe kits shpuld include 2 that you can putnear modem 'just in case meed' but test should not be..can u shut offext plug but keep pod live?
New Poster

One of the Devices that I’m trying to connect to the Wi-Fi is just grade out and I don’t know why it’s just not letting me connect it can you please help
Silver Problem Solver

@Kristendomenech wrote:
One of the Devices that I’m trying to connect to the Wi-Fi is just grade out and I don’t know why it’s just not letting me connect it can you please help

What is greyed out?  What device?  I connect my devices to my wifi by selecting the correct SSID in the network settings of the device.