Community Forum

Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

New Poster

Re: Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

Can’t wake up device even though I’ve reset the bedtime
New Poster

I am so frustrated because the lockdown doesn’t always work and the times I set do not stay this way. Mainly it’s our XBox that has this issue, sometimes it’s my son’s phone.
Bedtime mode should be reliable. I don’t want to find my kid on Xbox at 3am.

New Poster

I am currently having this issue with my children’s devices being set to bedtime mode app shows them in bedtime mode however they can still access the internet
Official Employee

Hi All, if you're currently having issues with bedtime mode, please let me know via private message. I'll need your name and then I can investigate. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It's been like this for five hours I should have to wait all day to watch television very aggravated customer want to be compensated
Official Employee

Hamburger1960, are you unable to unpause/pause a specific device/MAC address on xFi? I'd be happy to help. Please send me a private message with your full name so I can take a closer look. 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I too am having issues with pause/unpause.  Background - we have both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz networks activated with the same name except one has 2.4 after the name.  When they are on the 5GHz they are blocked but then they select the 2.4GHz and they are open to internet.  Pretty easy workaround for a teen.....  

Regular Visitor

We have 2 different passwords on the 2.4 and 5. Sad to see they have not figured this out yet so that we can use the timer.

Official Employee

Hello, ParkCityRic. We appreciate you reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear the settings are not taking to your 2.4 Ghz network like it does the 5 GHz network. I would like to look into this. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Regular Visitor

I am pausing my kids devices & they are still working. What am I doing wrong?
New Poster

Hello, I’m having issues with the Bed time and activity settings. I set them and the next day they are gone and I have to deselect all the settings.

Please help.
Thanks
Official Employee

Hello Emigh and Cmorales360. Thanks for posting on our Forums. Have you tried to restart the Xfinity Gateway and retry the bedtime mode / pause modes again? 

New Poster

Having same issues..... for the past two months I have been calling about this very issue. A tech has come out and problem still exists. Deleted and reinstalled app, tech said it had to do with the cloud. Yet still having the same issue. Only with one profile in particular the settings don’t seem to save so profile and devices stay active all day and all night although the devices should pause at a certain time. Ridiculous
New Poster

Trying to get in touch with you

I am trying to get in touch with you    

I clicked on your name and open your profile, but there is no link to send you a PM.

@ComcastJoeTru 

New Poster

Re: Trying to get in touch with you

@ComcastJoeTru 

I am trying to find where can I download a petition for request a service in my area.

We have over 25 houses around and ALL of us want to have Comcast Service, who do we need to contact in order to give you guys Money to have US as customers!

I can easly get at least 25 signatures. the only company that is current available is century link and their ridiculous 1mb internet and NO , they dont have exclusivity for the area.

Regular Visitor

You can send me an email if you need to reach me or call me
New Poster

@bzimmy415   ???

you asking me???   I dont see anyones phone here and I donno how to PM anyone as @ComcastJoeTru  suggested

Regular Visitor

Yes, I have.  I am wondering is an old network I used to have that is showing up  is the culprit?  We use "Home241"  we used to have "Makenna PC Network."   Is there a way to delete that User netweork from coming up?  

Official Employee

Hello @cmatiazzo, can you please make sure you have the most recent flash update on your device and try to send a private message again? The "Send a Message" button will be to the right next to the Comcast name. If you continue to have issues, please let me know. Thanks! 

@Emigh, thanks for confirming. I would be more than happy to further assist you with looking into this old username. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

New Poster

I have set bedtime mode for my sons devices to cut them off at 10pm. He keeps YouTube open on his phone, and stays up all night. How do I fix?
Silver Problem Solver

@Seeliespright wrote:
I have set bedtime mode for my sons devices to cut them off at 10pm. He keeps YouTube open on his phone, and stays up all night. How do I fix?

Any chance you have a public hotspot in your area that he might be using?  What device is he using?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Maybe..extremely non technical so im having hard time staying on top of and 1 step ahead as parent. I shut him down..it shows another user minutes later with bunch of letters, numbers..keep pausing..ugh Should be a'solid' shut off for parents to block all
Silver Problem Solver

@leenservices wrote:
Maybe..extremely non technical so im having hard time staying on top of and 1 step ahead as parent. I shut him down..it shows another user minutes later with bunch of letters, numbers..keep pausing..ugh Should be a'solid' shut off for parents to block all

If you have the X1 system, you can access the userid/password.

Xfinity button to gear symbol to parental controls to application locks and choose Xfinity Xfi

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Seeliespright, have you confirmed his device MAC is listed in the profile you have bedtime mode enabled? as suggested here, he could be using an outside network to remain connected so I would also recommend changing your username and password so he can't log in with the account credentials on another network. My son began using cellular data when I paused the wiFi network --that is something you may consider as well. 

New Poster

If using cellular, how shut off..keeps coming up b.c. with new letters,numbers showing 'live/active'
New Poster

Have just realised that a playstation that I have paused on the app is actually still online. Discovered this trying to understand why my internet usage is so high so pretty unhappy to realize it's a device that shouldn't be online at all causing the problem. Also the app reckons there was usage on a particular device at 2am this morning which definitely did not occur so really have no idea what's going on but it's a big problem claiming customers can control their internet use when it appears that may be a false claim!
New Poster

For some reason the only device in the house that will not pause, timer, or sleep mode is my daughter's PS4. Which is the most important device that's needs it! I have talked to a rep and he was stumped and told me if I can figure it out to let comcast know!
Official Employee

Larooke, let's take a look into this ps4 pause mystery! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Regular Visitor

Make sure they’re not using their cell phone as a hot spot.
New Poster

No matter what I try I can’t get my laptop out of bedtime/pause mode, support told me to trade in routers and that still hasn’t helped
New Poster

I can’t pause/unpause devices.
New Poster

Can you please tell me how can I take my phone off of bedtime
New Poster

I have a refurbished Google pixel XL.
i have not been able to connect to my home network, our hook up to a wifi from my internet.
Silver Problem Solver

@Starryder1 wrote:
i have not been able to connect to my home network, our hook up to a wifi from my internet.

Are you using the correct SSID/password?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

New Poster

I have a laptop stuck in wireless pause mode. When I try to "unpause all" of the group it is in using a different machine, the window that pops up saying, essentially, "Unpausing ... please wait" showing a progress animation stays there a long time before changing to a failure window saying "Try Again" or "Try Later". 

New Poster

I have a laptop stuck in wireless pause mode. When I try to "unpause all" of the group it is in using a different machine, the window that pops up saying, essentially, "Unpausing ... please wait" showing a progress animation stays there a long time before changing to a failure window saying "Try Again" or "Try Later".

New Poster

This whole thread is comical. It's clear from reading the messages that for the last 2 years XFi's bedtime mode and/or pause mode don't work very well and especially on gaming consoles. Yes - some kids are using their phones as hotspots but it's clear that Comcast has a whole other issue at hand here, as well.
FIX THE PROBLEM.
New Poster

Here's one workaround kids can use...
https://youtu.be/Gpg85l7Fb4E
New Poster

And another workaround...
https://youtu.be/NKqzfP2Zfcg
New Poster

Oh look - another!
https://youtu.be/LEAsmbeW0HE
Official Employee

Hi @mac3334 

Could you please share, via private message, the MAC for the paused laptop. To find the MAC login to xfi, select Devices, select the device in question, select Device Details, and note the MAC.

Thanks,

Hana

@mac3334 wrote:

Official Employee

@Starryder1 wrote:

Hi @Starryder1 

Are you still having an issue with connectin your google pixel XL to your home network? 

Official Employee

Hi @sonyatcallahan 

Are you still having trouble with pause/unpause? 

If yes, would you be able to describe the issue you're having? Are you seeing any error messages or is xFi showing that the devices were successfully paused, but when you try to surf the internet they aren't paused.

Thanks,

Hana

@sonyatcallahan wrote:
I can’t pause/unpause devices.

Official Employee

Hi @Kenneth_mazie 

Are you still having issues unpausing your laptop? If you do, could you please share the MAC for your laptop? To find the MAC, login to xFi, select Devices, select the device in question, select Device details, and note the MAC on that pop up page. 

Thanks,

Hana

@Kenneth_mazie wrote:
No matter what I try I can’t get my laptop out of bedtime/pause mode, support told me to trade in routers and that still hasn’t helped

Official Employee

Hi @Kenneth_mazie 

Are you still having issues with getting laptop out of pause/bedtime mode? If you are, could you please send me the device MAC. To find the device MAC, login to xFi >> Select Devices >> Select the device in question >> Select Device Details >> Note the MAC

Thanks,

Hana

New Poster

i can not unpause my iphone because it is not connected to the internet. please help!

New Poster

I)
1st try resetting modem (unplug, replug in 30 sec)

If that didnt work:

2) put on hotspot mobile data and try

3) f doesnt work i literally have to drive to where there is internet if mine stuck (modem(
Official Employee

Hi @leenservices and @lindeabennett53 

Could you please send me the device MAC that is paused and can't connect to your home network. To find the device MAC, login to xFi >> Select Devices >> Select the device in question >> Select Device Details >> Note the MAC

Thanks,

Hana