Community Forum

Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

New Poster

Re: Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

I’m having this problem now. We’re you able to get this resolved on your end?
New Poster

Having the same issue but it seems she broke into our account to unpause herself.

Regular Visitor

I am not able to unpause any devices in sleep mode AGAIN!!! I will call for assistance once they open. I was previously told they have nothing to do with the app.

Why does this continually occur??
New Poster

Still issues Smiley Sad why cant we also pause, shut iff tvs ? Used to Smiley Sad(
New Poster

AGREE! NEED full parental cobtrols back. Need to see all,anything using wifi. Also beed back ability to shut down tvs!!!
New Poster

I can not get one of our devices UNPAUSED. I’ve tried no less than 10 times. Each time I hit “Unpause this device”, it thinks for a moment then I get the message that it’s been Paused. Every. Single. Time. I’ve logged out of my account and back in again. I can’t also change the paused times. Please Help.
New Poster

Same problem.  I paused a device and it worked at first but not for long.  Unpausing/pausing doesn't work at all.  I made sure to disable the xfinity hotspot on our router.  Child is still connected to gateway and using internet even though the device is supposed to be paused.  So frustrating.  I see it's a year after many similar reports and Comcast stating they are "working on it" but apparently no fix?!

New Poster

Did you ever get the Xfi issue resolved? I'm having the same problem. 

New Poster

Hello, I called for help with this exact issue and Comcast sent a service person to our house. Who said he doesn't repair this. This service worked great when it was first launched and hasn't worked since. Why is this taking more than a year to fix? This application is much needed in order to control the WiFi.
New Poster

I’m having this issue and need to resolve it ASAP please. Can you help?
Official Employee

@bzimmy415@Jabudarh, I have run a cleanup on your Gateways to clear out old/invalid rules that were likely causing this issue with unpausing devices. Please let me know if you are still experiencing the issue. 

@dcaron11@andiqui574@leenservices,  are you still experiencing issues with pausing connected devices? If you can send me an example with the info below, I'd be happy to have the team look into it. You can send me a Private Message with the following:

- MAC address of the device you're trying to pause

- Date/Time stamp for when you paused the device in xFi

- a screenshot of how the devices appears in the devices list while it should be paused

@kelleymorelock, I have responded to your report on another thread. 

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hello,

My modem was restarted remotely today then my (2) connected Google Wifi APs can no longer acquire connection through it - when i try to connect my laptop to the Google WiFi APs I get the screen that says device is either paused or in bedtime mode - similar to the issues on this thread - can someone help me please? Thank you.
New Poster

This isn't functioning right for me, it's showing devices paused and they're not.
New Poster

This isn't functioning properly for me, it's showing devices paused when they're not.
New Poster

I am having issues on one of my desktop computers with the message

on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

New Poster

My entire xfi account dis not transfer from one address to the new one all my devices pause a certain time and I can not unpause them and all then people assigned to are gone I'm about to change services this has been over a month
New Poster

I am unable to unpause a device on my network and I cannot restart my gateway either.

Silver Problem Solver

@SBails2 wrote:

I am unable to unpause a device on my network and I cannot restart my gateway either.

You can restart the gateway by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thank you. Do that alot but he still gets around Smiley Sad parental controls. Need back the window that shows each room tvs, etc to be able to shut off/on..know where that is?
New Poster

Need fixes for parents. Where is window and ability to shut off tvs,dvds,etc per room..

Also seems kids can get around modem pwords..how? ...how stop...xfi needs alot better. Security and parental controls
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I am experiencing that as well, but only on my new laptop. All other laptops and smartphones are unaffected.
Frequent Visitor

On another thought, never mind. My Internet is back.
New Poster

And yet you made a newer post instead of responding to my post that we had no control?
Official Employee

@Ronsurf23@Lilith79@Mandalafractal@SBails2 -- I ran a quick sync to clear out old rules and ensure xFi it setting the rules on the Gateway correctly. Please let me know if you experience any more issues. 

@Jessicabrowne, can you please send me a private message with your account number and I can take a look. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Also experienced a paused device that was obviously still active. Ended up just removing it since it was adding to our already overly high data consumption!
New Poster

How do I unpause the sleep mode
Silver Problem Solver

@Cdroasten wrote:
How do I unpause the sleep mode

Try Bedtime.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/personalize-customize-hnetwork-xfi

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Has this ever been resolved. I have it set for school nights and it’s being accessed still. Does not appear to be working at all. Please advise

Donna S.
New Poster

I’m having the same issue.  XB6 gateway; iaphone 5s in bedtime mode in xFi, yet it still has access to the web.  

Regular Visitor

What is the point of having this feature if it does not work? Why doesn't anyone address the matter from Comcast?

New Poster

My pause/unpause and bedtime are not working. How do i fix this?
Regular Visitor

I have yet to figure this out. It occurs once in a while for me
New Poster

I agree. I paused my grandsons Xbox One only to find out he can still get on it. Geeze. What good is this app.
Silver Problem Solver

@ks3nje wrote:
I agree. I paused my grandsons Xbox One only to find out he can still get on it. Geeze. What good is this app.

Another customer found out their son had installed a VPN which bypassed the Parental Controls.

New Poster

Hi my name is Ismael my i phone is doing the samething im using another phone to put this message can you please help me i really need to get my phone working fast please contact me as soon as possible thank you.

Ismael
New Poster

Bedtime mode not working for me. I have it set for 9p-6a on school nights, and at 6a I got an alert that my son has been on WiFi for 3 hrs. He does not know how to override. Help?
New Poster

I have devices that are randomly being paused every day all different times throughout the day. Sometimes it's one device sometimes it's five. All paused for no reason. I have to go on the Xfinity website to my home portal and unpause each device manually. Sometimes it repauses a minute after I unpause them. This is very agrevating to say the least. I am very unhappy with this. We never had this problem before this option was introduced. We are seriously thinking about switching to A T &T if this cannot be resolved. We have done a hard reset of our modem and it has not helped at all.
Regular Visitor

@ComcastBrittany I am having some strange issues with the app that are similar to other users (bedtime mode issues, profiles in assigning devices, profiles that have been deleted coming back, new profiles disappearing, etc).

I would like to ask for you to do a profile wipe if possible to eliminate all old rules or settings on the account and possibly resolve this issues which is making this service unusable.

Thanks!
Official Employee

@Lash4@Venger2k - I have run a quick sync on the xFi rules on your account. It should not have impacted any settings you have previously chosen, but should have cleaned up any old/outdated rules on your Gateway that may have been impacting the Pause and Bedtime Mode features. 

Please let me know if you run into any more issues. 

@Jenfrantz, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Unfortunately, I do not have a way to wipe everything clean, but I will reach out to you via PM as there are some additional questions I would like to ask and may need some more specifics.

New Poster

I, too, have been having these same issues for months now. Your message is dated from over a year ago with NO fix in sight. Please get this resolved quickly or I’m gonna have to go with another provider that can offer the solution(s) my family needs.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@MalinaJ, I was able to run the same sync process on your Gateway to ensure the rules set in xFi match what is on the device. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues. 

New Poster

I’ve checked it a couple times and it appears to be working; however, I don’t think I’ll know if it’s gone out in the middle of the night again until my son wakes up and tries it...
New Poster

Same thing with me. Xbox is showing device as paused, xfi app doesn't show as paused or even connected. App doesn't show cell phone as connected even though I am using it on the network
Regular Visitor

Having to keep waking up household which doesn’t even have a bedtime option?
New Poster

unfortunately no..no one aeems to kniw hiw to fix at xfi Smiley Sad((
niw he has figured out how to block me from pausing at all ir adding times...ugh
New Poster

he still contunues to take control and get around oayse and timeframes..paying ALOT of $$$ for services and oarental controls that continually dont work...SO much hours involved,,ridiculous
Regular Visitor

I gave up on their "feature" of pausing and just changed the password, impossible to figure out.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Bedtime mode doesn't work on my son's PC. It used to work, but for some reason no longer does. I can manually pause it though. 

New Poster

so how does a different password let kids use it during the day and not at night?

Regular Visitor

Unless the allowed hours are followed, there is no access at all unless I put password back to the usual one. If it is used after midnight, then I change it. Sort of like "grounding" till he learns his lesson.