Community Forum

Update on Receiving an Upgrade Message When Attempting to Access xFi

Official Employee

Re: Update on Receiving an Upgrade Message When Attempting to Access xFi

Hello All, 

Are you still having issues with the xFi app? If so, please feel free to send me a private message with your first and last name and the phone number associated with your account so I can begin to investigate. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I am also having this problem on a new account with a new device.  I tried support chat (twice) and calling.  I was told there was a ticket open to look into it, but that was two days ago.  It seems people have more luck getting this resolved on the forums.  Could you help?

Thanks!
Adam

Official Employee

I can assist you. So that I can take a look at your account, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary email address. Please click on my name to see my profile, and then hit the blue "Send Message" button.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

what is an IP cam
Silver Problem Solver

@Martinasyler wrote:
what is an IP cam

I don't understand your question.

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/home-security/devices/cameras

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Is everyone to be receiving new equipment for the xFi? I got a welcome email and thought I either remeber reading I was to get a new equipment or got a message to wait til my new equipment arrive. I've never received new equipment. After switching to the xFi with 2.4 and 5, devices have issues connecting and my app won't let me change settings such as changing the SSID and passwords.
Silver Problem Solver

@BoyMom03 wrote:
Is everyone to be receiving new equipment for the xFi? I got a welcome email and thought I either remeber reading I was to get a new equipment or got a message to wait til my new equipment arrive. I've never received new equipment. After switching to the xFi with 2.4 and 5, devices have issues connecting and my app won't let me change settings such as changing the SSID and passwords.

If you have the XB3, you might get the XB6; I got mine recently.

It's called the Advanced Gateway here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/broadband-gateways-userguides

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

I can assist you. So that I can take a look at your account, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary email address. Please click on my name to see my profile, and then hit the blue "Send Message" button.