Community Forum

Update on Receiving an Upgrade Message When Attempting to Access xFi

Official Employee

Update on Receiving an Upgrade Message When Attempting to Access xFi

We apologize to our xFi customers who are receiving the message “Upgrade Your Equipment” when attempting to access xFi, even though you already have an xFi-compatible device. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you are experiencing this issue, please continue to report it in the xFi Forum. In most instances, once we confirm the details about your xFi Gateway, we can get it resolved quickly.

New Poster

Re: Update on Receiving an Upgrade Message When Attempting to Access xFi

I am also experiencing the issue with the xfi app not pausing or suspending wifi for my daughters ipad. What do i need to do, call it in to comcast? Thank you

Silver Problem Solver

LGM420 wrote:

I am also experiencing the issue with the xfi app not pausing or suspending wifi for my daughters ipad. What do i need to do, call it in to comcast? Thank you

Yes, start by calling Comcast.  Let us know what you find out.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
New Poster

I received this notification as well and have not been able to get my wifi setup.
Silver Problem Solver

Sbradle2 wrote:
I received this notification as well and have not been able to get my wifi setup.

Do you mean that after you hooked up the gateway you couldn't access wifi?

If so, you can log into My Account and get the wifi SSID's.

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/services/internet

Look for Password.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Sbradle2, have you been able to get your WiFi setup completed? 
Do you still receive an error when attempting to access xFi?

Regular Visitor

Just received my new gateway, downloaded the Xfi app, tried to manage my network - and keep getting the "upgrade" notice. Help?
Regular Visitor

Here's what I get when I try to manage my network; I do have the gateway up and running and the rest of my network connected to it.

xFi upgrade.JPG
Silver Problem Solver

Check My Account to see if it is there.

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

Also check the xFi site.

https://internet.xfinity.com/

Regular Visitor

Oh, the device is *there* - but I'm still being told to "upgrade":

xFi not eligible notification.JPG

Called customer service last night and was assured that the condition would clear "in 24 hours;" I'll try again this evening when I get home, unless there's someone from within xFinity who can make something happen prior to that...

Regular Visitor

Just checked again - all's well. The application starts up as expected, and my system is responding.

Guess the wait is the thing - might not be a bad idea for xFinity to incorporate that into their "welcome aboard" info...

Thanks,

Jeff

Silver Problem Solver
Moved:

New Poster

I was having the same issue. After my initial activation once the internet was up and running, I navigated to register.xfinity.com and I ran the same activation again. And now I do not have that issue anymore. I hope this works for you.

New Poster

Maybe it was the wait for me too, didnt know your issue was solved :-)

Regular Visitor

I am experiencing this issue.  I have not been able to use it for months.  Please correct it.

Regular Visitor

I updated my equipment last week, now the xfi app keeps asking me to upgrade. I already did!! Frustrating!
New Poster

i am getting the message to upgrade my equipment when signing into the xfi app.  I have a XB6.

Tags (2)
Official Employee

jjpeters3, it looks like the issue has been corrected. Can you please try accessing xFi and let us know if you have any more issues with access? Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi, Rmurphy16 - I checked your account, the equipment has not been updated in the system properly but i can fix it. Could you please send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone number? Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me

Regular Visitor

I just upgraded the modem I recieved and when I try to go to xfi (website or app) says it needs to be upgraded I click on it and is says it is upgraded and it keeps doing that over and over and over and over.

Official Employee

@RGDelta - I see why the xFi has not been fully activated, there is an issue with one rate code in the billing system. Please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number so I can proceed further. 

Regular Visitor

I have encountered the same problem that seems to be plaguing the xFi system.  I was sent new equipment last week, but continue to get the upgrade equipment message when attempting to use xFi app.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

I am also receiving the "Upgrade for this Experience" message both in the app and on internet.xfinity.com.  I upgraded to the Xfinity gateway yesterday for internet only (I use a separate modem for the phone service).

Could you help me to resolve this?

Official Employee

@hockeyguy4 - Got your private message and replied back. There is an issue with the billing rate codes that causing a problem with xFi activation. 

@bschw97 - Did you stop by the XFINITY store to get a new modem? Could you please send me your name, address, and a phone number in a private message? I can help but I need to find out an additional information. 

New Poster

I installed my new xfi equipment this past Sunday. Everything is up and running, however I am now getting the upgrade message on the app. Please advise what I should do.

Thanks

Official Employee

@Fromm - I made changes to your account, you should now have an access to xFi. Please let me know if you get any issues.

New Poster

Everything is good now! Thanks!

Official Employee

@Fromm - My pleasure, don't hesitate to reach us if you get any questions. Happy Holidays!

New Poster

I am also being asked to upgrade my account. When I click on it, it says I have already upgraded. Then it takes me to my account. But I can't get back to the Xfi app.
Official Employee

Osodoro, apologies for the delay in response, however I checked your account and it looks like the upgrade issue should no longer be an issue. Please try logging into xFi and let me know if you still receive any type of access errors. 

Regular Visitor

I am as well getting the Upgrade for This Experience issue online and in app after setting up the new Arris TG1682G modem. After loggin, says appear to have gone thru process. Enless loop.

ALSO IPHONES (2 OF THEM BOTH 7s, RUNNING 11.2.1) WILL NOT CONNECT TO WIFI AT ALL. Modem reset mutliple times, cleared network settings on one of the phones. No avail.

Official Employee

I am as well getting the Upgrade for This Experience issue online and in app after setting up the new Arris TG1682G modem. After loggin, says appear to have gone thru process. Enless loop.

ALSO IPHONES (2 OF THEM BOTH 7s, RUNNING 11.2.1) WILL NOT CONNECT TO WIFI AT ALL. Modem reset mutliple times, cleared network settings on one of the phones. No avail.

kehulse, is this still an issue?

New Poster

I just got my new modem today & am having the same issue. I ALWAYS login to my modem so I can change the settings to not broadcast the SSID for my own privacy but in any event, I'm being looped around & around just like everyone else who is having the problem with the "Upgrade Now" issue. I have already reset the modem & I am also plugged in via Ethernet to my laptop but I can't seem to get the correct IP address to login to the modem & make the changes for the SSID broadcasting.

The tech support offices are always closed during the times when I am up & awake due to my work schedule.

Please let me know what I need to do and thanks in advance!

bl@ke
Official Employee

Hi thablakester, can you please confirm if you are still receiving the upgrade message when logging into xFi?

Because this was a new Gateway that you activated, it may have just needed some time to sync up with our systems. At your convenience, please check on www.xfinity.com/myxFi or by logging into the xFi app. 

Let us know if you're still experiencing issues. 

New Poster

That was the problem. There does need to be something that says it could take several hours before access to the app & the Xti website are allowed (if that can be passed along please).

Everything is great now & I'm actually getting the same speeds on WiFi that I do with a wired Ethernet connection.
Official Employee

thablakester wrote:
That was the problem. There does need to be something that says it could take several hours before access to the app & the Xti website are allowed (if that can be passed along please).

Everything is great now & I'm actually getting the same speeds on WiFi that I do with a wired Ethernet connection.

I will certainly pass that suggestion along. Glad to hear it's working for you now!

New Poster

I’m having that issue. Thanks.
New Poster

I am experiencing the issue with the xFi app as well. It tells me to “upgrade” and when I click upgrade it tells me I have the latest equipment. This is frustrating because my internet connection keeps interrupting and I can’t troubleshoot properly since the app won’t let me log in or access my service.
New Poster

I am also experiencing the issue when trying to access my xfi app. Says I need to upgrade equipment.
Official Employee

Barryinctown, I took a quick look into this for you and it appears the issue is resolved. Can you please confirm?

New Poster

Hi I am having this issue also. Hoping you can help. Thank you
Official Employee

wrote:
Hi I am having this issue also. Hoping you can help. Thank you

Hi Daizygrrl79, xFi is accessible to internet customers with an xFi compatible Gateway. You can find more information on the eligible equipment here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-overview

New Poster

I am also having this issue. I was on the phone with Comcast Customer Security Assurance when the app was suggested. The representative confirmed my device was up to date and should be compatible with the xFI app.

The app says I need to upgrade. When I click the upgrade button, it brings me to a webpage that says I have the latest equipment.

Please help. Thank you.

New Poster

My xFi was working when I first installed my new equipment, however, now I am receiving an Upgrade Message When Attempting to Access xFi.

Silver Problem Solver

@kihoal wrote:

My xFi was working when I first installed my new equipment, however, now I am receiving an Upgrade Message When Attempting to Access xFi.

I can't tell where you are seeing this upgrade message and what it is asking to be upgraded.

New Poster

I received the nwe uograded xfi modem, intalled it and do bot work. I had to teinstalled the old ona and it eorks fine. I guess I’ll returning the new one.
Silver Problem Solver

@Ojzitro wrote:
I received the nwe uograded xfi modem, intalled it and do bot work. I had to teinstalled the old ona and it eorks fine. I guess I’ll returning the new one.

Did you follow the installation instructions?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-wireless-gateway

New Poster

Where exactly can I report this Issue?

@ComcastDaniella wrote:

We apologize to our xFi customers who are receiving the message “Upgrade Your Equipment” when attempting to access xFi, even though you already have an xFi-compatible device. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you are experiencing this issue, please continue to report it in the xFi Forum. In most instances, once we confirm the details about your xFi Gateway, we can get it resolved quickly.

New Poster

I am having this issue as well. The xFi system worked flawlessly for about a week but now I get the "Upgrade for This Experience" message on the app or web site.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Nethakle

Silver Problem Solver

@Nethakle wrote:

I am having this issue as well. The xFi system worked flawlessly for about a week but now I get the "Upgrade for This Experience" message on the app or web site.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Nethakle

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?